The walls are like a blank canvas, ready to do what they’re told to. So we face a challenge when we have to decorate our walls complimentary to the chosen room.
Here are 10 helpful guidelines we have gathered for you to decorate your walls!
1. Using various decorative pieces:
When putting up wall decor make sure that you aren’t arranging them in a straight line or a symmetrical order. When you’re aiming to make your wall the focal point, make sure the diversity shines through because attraction is increased by creativity and imagination.
2. An odd number is key:
The general rule of hanging wall decor is that there must be an odd number of assortments. It has been scientifically proven that odd numbers are more pleasing to the eye. So go for an odd number, or even just one big hanging.
3. Sizing and position matter:
When putting up frames of anything, size and position have a great impact. Because walls are a blank stretch of nothing, we have to meet them somewhat in scale. When placing your hangings, choose the sizes wisely so that 60% of the wall is covered while the rest 40% is left blank.
4. Mixing and Matching the decor:
When decorating the walls, we have to make sure to choose the colors accordingly with the rest of the room. Keeping a similar color palette, we can make it a satisfying experience to look at the room.
5. Utilizing mirrors:
Mirrors should be used as a statement piece. They add to the illusion of a bigger space and make a room appear more put together.
6. Using picture frames:
When decorating walls, the most common forms of decor are framed quotes, portraits, and artwork. A very cute and homely example would be to use pet portraits!
7. Adding Fabric pieces:
Why be limited to the normal decor when we can also use hanging tapestries and fabric artwork? Not only does it make the decor unique but it also adds a cultural twist.
8. Artwork should be hung at eye level:
When you’re decorating pieces of decor on a wall, it is best to set their positions at the eye-sight level because that is more pleasing to look at. Too high or too low set decor can offset the overall atmosphere easily.
9. Paint or Wallpaper!:
Of course, sometimes framed pictures, artwork, etc are just not our cup of tea. Instead, you can try using wallpaper on the walls which feels cohesive with the rest of the room. Or if you’re feeling crazy, go ahead and paint a mural!
10. Assessment and Intuition:
When your decor is hung, step back and look around the room, and survey it. Add or deduct items if they look too clustered or spacious. Assess the overall effect and fix it based on your intuition.
By following the above guidelines, we can ensure that you will end up with a beautifully decorated room. With these simple rules, you can enhance the look of your room easily.
Leave a Reply