Have you decided to give a new look to your interior, but aren’t sure how to start? If that’s the case, you may try giving your home an elegant look with a touch of metal this 2020. From the durable steel and shiny copper to cool iron, aluminum, and brass, these types of metal are indeed a hot trend.
With that said, here are some of the typical metal options you can incorporate in your home decoration and furnishings:
- Stainless Steel. It is an alloy of iron, carbon, chromium, and other metals, which is basically found in fixtures and furniture. Since stainless steel has chromium, this type of metal won’t rust, oxide, or corrode. Besides that, it is also low-maintenance and much stronger than aluminum.
- Wrought Iron. It refers to metal that has been bent or hammered to create a shape. Moreover, wrought iron has a rough surface and is durable and corrosion-resistant. With that, it is commonly used to make outdoor furniture, fireplace accessories, rustic beds, pot racks, lighting, and many more.
- Aluminum. It has a dull silver finish and looks like stainless steel. On top of that, aluminum is more affordable than steel and also lighter in weight. While this metal option doesn’t rust, it does oxidize and creates a white residue. If you’re looking for outdoor furniture, the one that has a touch of aluminum can be a good pick.
- Copper. It is a bronze-toned metal that is highly durable and commonly used for accent pieces and outdoor furniture.
- Brass. It is a gold-toned metal commonly used in living rooms and the kitchen. Brass is typically anti-microbial and corrosion-resistant, making them the best option for faucets and knobs.
Whether you want to give your interior a rustic yet elegant look, or modern and contemporary style, the different types of metal can help you achieve that. To give you some ideas on how to use metal for your interior, here are some trends to bring metallic influences to your home decorations.
Bring Copper to Your Living Room
As one of the highlights of the living area, fireplaces are typically surrounded by bricks, natural rocks, or tiles. But now, bringing copper to the living room is an emerging trend that you should try.
For instance, you can use shiny copper sheets to cover your fireplace, giving it a retro look. Aside from that, fireplaces with a copper design provide the living spaces a subtle, elegant appeal as well as beautiful accents and interesting warmth.
Incorporate Metal on your Walls and Ceilings
Another trending way to bring metallic influence to your interiors is by incorporating metal to walls and ceilings. Concerning this, you can create an elegant look for the heart of your home by adding corrugated metal to your kitchen island or obtain a rustic style for your bathroom by using metal sheets as your shower walls.
Moreover, when you’re not sure whether or not you’ll cover your entire walls with metal, you can use it as a wainscot material to add elegance to any rooms inside your home.
Furnish Your Home with Stainless Steel
When decorating your interior, stainless steel is perfect for areas like the kitchen, dining room, and family room. These rooms are the high traffic areas of your home, so you should choose durable furnishings that can endure everyday wear and tear.
Steel, for instance, is a strong and appealing metal that typically used in making durable furnishings such as coffee tables, barstools, utilitarian storage cabinet, kitchen sinks, and modern minimalist dining table. Furthermore, creative metals cannot just give you an elegant-looking interior, but also a built-to-last material that can withstand daily use.
Decorative Metal Around Your home
While finished metal can be seen in large quantities around your home, don’t forget about decorative metals throughout your interiors that are equally important. That said, your stairway is a prime area to showcase the elegance of decorative metal.
For instance, you may use sophisticated and classy ornamental wrought iron as your stair balusters and railings. These materials will not only give aesthetic enhancement for your interior but also provide safety for you and your family. Besides stairs, you can also look at door hardware, and cabinet door pulls for metal subtleties. With that, you will be amazed at how metal is trending in every part of your home.
Embrace the Industrial Tone of a Raw Metal Island
If you want to give your cooking space that one-of-a-kind metallic character that is hard to replicate, you may skip the built-in kitchen island and nail the industrial look by using a raw metal island.
Placing metal geometrics or accents on top of your customized book rack and or above your coffee table may add a modern twist to your living room and study area. Thus, if you wish to incorporate these decorative materials in your interior, you should look for a masterpiece that can fit the intended space in your home.
If you want to have an eclectic style for your interior, you can add metal conversation pieces that can speak to your tastes. Curated collectibles such as chrome sculptures, classically influenced brass busts, and or classic toy car collections can give a lively tone to your otherwise bland room. That said, start searching for antique stores or local thrift to own one-of-a-kind collectibles that won’t hurt your budget.
Add Metal Chicken Wires to a Small Space
For your tiny little spaces at home, adding a metal chicken wire is an excellent option. You can use it to make a coffee table or end table set. Thanks to its see through-property, placing this furniture to a small area can give an illusion of extra space.
If you have plans to redecorate your home, bringing metallic influence into your interior is one of the hot trends this 2020. You may start by knowing what type of metal is suitable for the style that you want to achieve. If you wish to have a modern and contemporary look for your interior or preferred to give a rustic and eclectic feel inside your home, the ways mentioned above can help you start your redecoration.