Utilizing DIY home renovation ideas doesn’t have to mean spending a lot of time and money. The notion that a DIY home makeover has to be expensive prevents people from giving their homes the upgrade they need. This leaves it looking drab and outdated when it doesn’t have to be that way. [Read more…] about Fantastic DIY Home Renovation Ideas You Can Start This Weekend
Dogs are, by far, the most popular pets in the country. Almost 40% of American households have one or more dogs living in them. [Read more…] about Are Chain Link Fences Best for a Dog?
Are you thinking about investing in a walk-in freezer for your business? if you already have a freezer, you may be thinking; do I really need another one? Well, the answer is yes. This is fast becoming a popular item to have in the catering industry and restaurant business since it has so much to offer. [Read more…] about What are the Benefits of Having a Walk-in Freezer?
Pest problems are very common in the fall because it is when the temperature outside begins to drop. Pests seek to escape the cold and find food in our homes, where they cause damage and pose a health risk. Thankfully, all of this can be avoided with some simple maintenance. The following lists what you can do this summer to keep pests out this fall. [Read more…] about Here’s How You Can Keep Pests Out of the Home This Fall
A lot of people choose to have a split system air conditioner installed in their homes but it is also a good system for some commercial properties too. Offices, schools, hospitals and so on. It does not need ductwork and can be used for a single space or multiple rooms and can be set to different temperatures. The system was developed in Japan but has spread to other countries quickly because of its effective cooling and affordability. Here is a closer look at what this system is, why people choose it and how to get the best out of it once it is installed.
What is a split system air con?
The name comes from the fact the system is split into 2 units. One on the inside of the property is called the air handling unit which includes the evaporator and the fan, and then one unit outside that is the compressor and condenser. Both are connected with a conduit that includes a power cable, tuning, and a drain. For multi-split systems, there are more indoor units, per room you are cooling. There are no ducts for this system so it is a lot easier to install. When you want something over several rooms, or stronger than just a window unit people look to a split system.
Why do so many choose a split system?
Why do a lot of people choose split system air conditioning installation Melbourne located? It is an energy-efficient method of cooling the home or business and is a lot more affordable to install than ducted systems. Usually in new builds or during big renovations, a ducted system can be put in, but it is a more complex process to carry out with a home already built.
With a split system, you can have cooling in one room or across several without the need for ducts to be put in. It is easier to install, takes less time, is less disruptive and more affordable. With a split system, you have the benefit of safe and cleaner air thanks to the filters which help reduce cooking and pet odors. It makes it beneficial as well to people with breathing problems like asthma. It is also a quiet system to cool your home with.
Installing a split system air conditioning
Putting in a split system air conditioner is easier than a duct system but is still best left to professional installers. A lot of businesses that sell systems also offer installation services and advice on what system is best for your needs. Having it done by people with experience means there is less chance of doing something wrong, and that keeps the system working for longer. When you are installing a split system across multiple rooms things get a bit more complex and some planning is required to provide zone cooling. This means you can set one zone to one temperature and another zone to something different using the thermostat.
Tips on getting the best out of them
If you have had a split system air conditioner installed and are looking at how to get the most out of it, and save energy and money, here are some great tips.
- Close your doors and windows – Keeping them closed helps to stop the cooled air from leaving and hot air from getting in. While it’s nice to have a cooling breeze on days and at times of the day when it is not too hot to do so, once that time is gone close them up! You can save money on your energy bills by doing even just this.
- Turn on your split system air conditioner early – It is a good idea to turn on your air-con early before the heat really hits. It then means it is easier for the system to cool your home without having to work over hard and it is easier to maintain it. You get a cooler home and more quickly with less energy use.
- Draw your blinds and curtains – As well as closing your doors and windows also close your window treatments as they provide some additional insulation to keep the cool air in and the hot air out and prevents the direct sun from shining in.
- Don’t set it too low – A lot of people set it very low thinking it will get everywhere cooler quicker but it is more energy efficient to set it around 23 or 24 degrees, it is still cooler than outside and you avoid a large energy bill. Having the system set low and forcing it to overwork when it is hot also affects its life span.
- Don’t cool zones that are not in use – If you have rooms in the home no one is using, spare bedrooms, for example, you can choose not to have that zone cooled to save money and shut the door.
- Use an inverter split system air conditioner – Inverter split systems are great because it means you can have your air-con running on all the time as they automatically adjust the system when temperatures programmed are reached. Rather than switching off and then coming back on, they slow down and just maintain it.
- Have it serviced regularly – People will sometimes only call out a repair service when the system stops working for some reason. But if you have a yearly service where it is cleaned and maintained and checked, this keeps it running for longer and ends up saving you money.
When you are looking for options for air conditioning installation Melbourne based, you have several types to consider and many brands. A good service can help you with that, make the best choice and install a system you are happy with. Enjoy a cool and comfortable home to come to at the end of a hot day, or enjoy higher productivity in your office where workers are better able to keep working even in peak summer. Split air-con systems are a great choice for this.