Did you know that mold is not only unsightly, but can also bring on several health problems? It’s even worse if you already have asthma!
You might keep your house spic and span, but the fact is, there’s some degree of mold in every house. So how can you tell when it’s enough to be a problem?
In this article, we’ll discuss 4 signs of mold in your house that you shouldn’t ignore.
1. You See It
One of the most obvious signs of mold is that you see it! If you’ve seen black or brownish spots growing in random places, then it just might be mold. It can also be blue, green, or pink in some cases.
If you’re not sure what these spots are, make sure you don’t touch them. You should test your home for mold by calling the professionals.
Mold testing will tell you whether or not you have mold and the experts will tell you what to do about it. They might even provide removal services.
2. There’s a Weird Smell
If you keep up with cleaning, then your house should smell fresh and clean. Occasionally, there might be a bad odor because it’s been a while since you took out the trash. But otherwise, it should mainly be pleasant.
If you have a weird smell in your house that won’t go away, then it might be mold. This is especially true if it smells earthy and/or musty.
3. Your Allergies Are Flaring Up
It’s springtime and a bunch of flowers are popping up. You’re very allergic to the pollen so you’re hiding out inside.
But strangely, your allergy symptoms are even worse, even though you’ve taken care not to track or allow any pollen inside. You’re sneezing,
The thing is, if you have mold in your house, your allergies will flare up. You can see if it’s an outdoor vs indoor problem by stepping outside when you experience allergy symptoms inside. If it lets up,
4. There’s Extra Moisture in Your Home
Are your walls, ceiling, and/or floors moist? Then you just might have mold in your house.
Depending on when you notice this, you might not have mold yet. But if you leave it for too long, we guarantee you’ll have a problem on your hands soon, as high humidity is one of the causes of mold.
Extra moisture can mean you have a leak, so have a pro check your house’s plumbing and roofing. Otherwise, you might want to invest in a dehumidifier to make it so there are unfavorable growing conditions for mold.
Know the Signs of Mold in Your House
Now that you know the signs of mold in your house that you shouldn’t ignore, make sure to keep your eyes peeled for them. If you do notice any, make sure you perform mold removal right away. Be sure to find mold removal Dallas to ensure that they do quality work. That way, you can nip the problem in the bud and ensure your family stays healthy and safe!
For more home improvement tips, make sure you check out our blog now!
Leave a Reply