If you are on the hunt for a used 6×12 enclosed trailer for sale near me, or some other size enclosed used trailer, you should definitely start by looking online. It is a great place to browse local options, especially where there are online auction sites where there is the potential for a real bargain. But even buying used a trailer is a big decision so it is a good idea to spend some time considering the options and thinking about what you need it for. When buying online here are some things to keep in mind.
Before you buy
Before you buy a used trailer here are some things to consider;
- It will not come with a warranty – There is no warranty on a used trailer, warranties that the original owner might have had on it do not transfer to new owners. Even with good companies that have strong warranties that is void when the title transfers to a new owner.
- You buy it as is – The condition you see it in is what you get. Some trailers get used really hard by owners so you might get a trailer that does not have much life left in it!
- Check the axles, tires and brakes – These are three key areas you need to check to make sure they are good in a 6×12 enclosed trailer or any other size. If there is something wrong with one or more of these it is a hassle to fix and can get expensive.
- Watch out for scams – There are scammers everywhere and online that is especially true. People will sell trailers claiming they are theirs but do not have the papers for them. Or they ask for payment and then there is no trailer at all. Watch out for prices that seem to true, sob stories designed to get your sympathies and elaborate stories and lies.
- Look for a valid inspection sticker – When you are buying used you could look for a valid inspection sticker so you can see the condition it is in.
- Use a reputable dealer – If you buy a used 6×12 enclosed trailer for sale near me from a reputable dealer you can feel better about its condition and that it is not a scam.
Advantages to buying a new trailer
The main reason people choose to buy used is to save money. There is no doubt that buying new costs more but there are some advantages so here is a look so you can weigh your decision.
- You get that warranty – When you buy a 6×12 enclosed trailer from a top trailer manufacturer you can get a warranty with it. Some brands offer longer warranties than others so it means you have a certain amount of assurance should something go wrong.
- It can be customized to your specifications – You can get your trailer customized from the start to exactly how you need it and not have to do the work yourself.
A longer lifespan with less work – With a new trailer you get more years out of it and you get the best years at the start of its life when it needs little maintenance and repairs!