Carpets are one of the most demanding interior decorative items. With the help of carpet, you can give an attractive and Royal look to your interior. Now the question is where you can buy good quality carpets at pocket-friendly prices. In this article, you will know the carpet in Delhi. So, if you plan to visit there, you can buy good quality carpets for your interior.
Why Is Delhi Famous For The Carpet?
The capital of India, Delhi, is famous for so many things. But it’s especially famous for its handwoven carpets. In the Delhi market, you will get many options in different carpet in Delhi styles under several price ranges. Let’s see why Delhi is famous for its carpets.
- Historical background: Delhi is not the capital of India in recent times. From the Mughal Era, Delhi became India’s capital, and the Delhi carpets’ journey started from it. At that time, the main centers of carpets were Delhi, Srinagar, Lahore, Multan, and Allahabad. According to historical research, carpet waving started during the ruling time of the Mughal emperor Babur system. From that time, Agra, Delhi, and Lahore were the best centers for traditional carpet waving. After Babar Mughal, Emperor Akbar brought carpet wavers from Persia, which means Iran. And the world of traditional Delhi carpets touched the sky of fame at that time.
- Materials: Before, especially in the beginning, carpets were made from wool or silk. But during the ruling time of the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan, the art of carpet weaving in Delhi reached new Heights and increased the market abroad. The carpets wear Persian style and have a high density of notes with elegant designs and colors.
- Type: Delhi was the main center of carpet making during the Mughal Era. This carpet has the origin of Herat in Afghanistan. These are famous for their harmonious color and standard design, which are attractive. The flower motif designs are the main attraction of these handwoven carpets. The Silk carpet had around 4000 notes per square range, and the design is based on the famous Persian flower motif. These carpets are known as pile carpets. These are the most famous types of Persian carpets. That is why Delhi carpets differ from the other ones found in India. It is a mixture of the Afghanistan and Persian styles.
What Things Should Be Considered When Buying A Carpet In Delhi?
When you are visiting markets in Delhi to buy carpets following things should be considered.
- Carpet market shops in Old and New Delhi: For buying carpets, the markets of Old Delhi are the best. Because they are, you can get the authentic style of Delhi carpet. Not only that, but you can also visit the markets of New Delhi as lots of will not carpet shops are there. So no matter what part of Delhi you visit, you can get many options in the carpet shops.
- What kind of carpet you want: Be sure what kind of carpet you want and choose several color options. Otherwise, you will become so confused after seeing the superb collections. There are several types of carpet, so if you know about those types before buying, you can choose better. Also, do not confuse, you can select, and no one can misguide you about the type of carpet you want to buy.
- Make your budget plan: Before buying a carpet, you should plan your budget because it will help you to choose. In Delhi, the market will get many options, from pocket-friendly to expensive carpets. So before buying a carpet, set the budget range and choose from the collections.
- Don’t forget to bargain: When you shop for carpets from the market in Delhi, don’t forget to bargain. Please visit the market to see the collection and then know the price ranges offered by the different shop owners. Then you should buy carpets. This idea will help you choose the perfect carpet with good quality and a budget-friendly price.
- Take the suggestion from Google or relatives: If you buy carpets from Delhi markets, you should know the scenario from Google. You can also ask your relatives if anyone buys carpets from the Delhi market. So they will give you suggestions about what shops always provide good quality carpets with a good collection and budget-friendly prices.
- Take time while you shop for carpets from Delhi: The carpet markets of Delhi are huge, so you need a lot of time to choose carpets. Please spend half a day visiting the carpet market and choosing the right one. If you search on Google or take suggestions from friends and relatives, the shopping process will be less time-consuming. But surely, if you want to explore by yourself, you need a lot of time.
Hopefully, this article helps you to understand that Delhi is famous for its carpets. And also about the things you should consider while buying carpet from the Delhi market. So export the vibrant and colorful carpet world of Delhi and bring some Colours for your interior too.