Are you looking for a Best air compressor for the home garage? Then don’t just rush. Take your time and do good background research. An air compressor can definitely simplify your work. Whether you need to drill a small hole or do complex tasks like sawing; an air compressor always comes in handy. And it is no secret that a home garage is always the experimental lab. So, definitely, you need to equip it with the best possible instruments!
Air compressors are mechanical devices that compress a large volume of air into a small space. The air pressure so created is then utilized for doing different works. You can most commonly come across these air compressors in gas stations, used for refilling car tires. But as a matter of fact, these are equally helpful for your home garage. Having an air compressor will simply upgrade your garage. If you are into DIY projects, an air compressor will prove its worth. You can do your carpentry hobbies or spray painting the wall with the utmost efficiency.
The Top Things to Note When Choosing the Best Air Compressor
If you are looking for the perfect air compressor for your home garage, you need to pay attention to some important facts:
- Affordability: You don’t need to burn a hole in your pocket for getting an air compressor. But you do need to have a thorough knowledge of what you will be using the air compressor for. When you are purchasing an air compressor for the home garage, always make a list of machines and Rxtooler that you will be running on it. Then select the air compressor which can handle all your tools efficiently and will last longer. Never go for the cheap ones. Often they break down within days of the purchase. Do invest your money in an efficient, durable and power-efficient product.
- Usability: When you are purchasing the best air compressor for home garage, how can have a wide range of purposes. Usually, the usability is not limited to just vehicles. It extends to doing random household works to some serious repairing works. When you know that you may need the air compressor for repairing your wooden roof, buy the one with more CFM, more horsepower and longer running time. This will only prove to be highly helpful in the future.
- Portability: Although the home garage seldom needs a portable air compressor but still if you have a highly transferrable job or travel mostly by car, then it is advisable to get a portable air compressor. The one which can fit in your car trunk will give you the independence of anxious road trips.
- Power supply: If you live in an area where electricity availability is an issue, then it is better to go for a gas powered air compressor. Also, electric air compressors are a bit expensive.
- Air compressor specifications: The air compressor comes with many technical specifications. The horsepower indicates the work of amount that can be performed by the air compressor. The capacity of the air tank is measured in CFM or cubic feet/minute. The duty cycle refers to the running time after which the compressor needs to be shut down. At the top of it, the PSIG refers to the air compressing capacity of the device. For domestic uses, you may need the one with around 90 PSIG. However, if you need some heavy tools to operate, then you might need to buy the one with greater PSIG. Always keep in mind all the above specifications, your need, and These will only help you in getting the perfect air compressor for your garage.
- Ease of use: Not all of us have a big and spacious garage. A big air compressor will only you working in your garage even more difficult. So, when you are hunting for the perfect home garage air compressor, look out for the size and installation. Your air compressor should not occupy the majority of your garage. Also, refrain from installing it in congested areas. The air compressor needs a constant outflow of air to prevent over-heating. If you place it facing the wall or in some packed area, then this will only create problems for you. Try to install it near some opening.
The air compressors are available in two tank options: vertical and horizontal. If you have a serious space crunch in your garage, you can opt the vertical tank. It will take lesser space than the horizontal tank. However, it also takes longer to fill completely.
- Compressor type: There are single stage and double stage air compressors. The former is suitable for low to medium rate of usage while the latter is perfect if you use pneumatic tools too often. Another difference is that the single stage compressors make more noise and are less expensive. These are the ones most commonly found in home garages. But if you wish to have a quieter garage, you can opt for the double-stage compressor.
We have tried to give you a gist of the important factors that you should pay attention to while purchasing your perfect home garage compressor. Having an in-depth knowledge always helps in making informed decisions.
Air compressors have become an integral part of garages as most of the tools these days are pneumatic. Also, with busy schedules, these allow you to finish your work in the least possible time. We hope that the guide will help you in finding the perfect air compressor for your garage.