What is Duct cleaning?
Duct cleaning is a process of cleaning various heating and cooling system of all the forced air systems and its components.
- The cleaning process also includes supply and return air ducts and registers, grilles and diffusers.
- It also includes heat exchangers heating and cooling coil, condensate drain pan, fan motor, and fan housing.
- Good cleaning process of such systems involves experts and laboratory analysis.
- Insulated air ducts get wet at times. They must be replaced instead of clean.
- Ducts clogged with dust and debris can pollute your home environment.
How often should Air ducts be cleaned?
- It is logical that air ducts do get dirty frequently and must be cleaned.
- These must be checked and clean every 3 months at least.
- It is advisable to take technical help with the correct cleaning process.
- If you decide to get the air ducts cleaned, make sure the supplier agrees to clean all components of the system and is well equipped to do so.
If you live in Toronto and are looking for something like this, you can look for the best Duct Cleaning Services in Toronto, GTA.
Services provided are-
- Residential Duct cleaning – Breathe The difference
- It is used for the entire forced-air system, from register to return.
- Included all auxiliary duct and main duct lines.
- Cleans all the dirt from the HVAC unit that uses a combination of drawing and blowing of air simultaneously.
- The air handling side is removed carefully and cleaned.
- It is a full-service duct cleaning so one must take pictures of before and after service.
- This will ensure the A/C compressor will not get clogged frequently.
- The Duct Truck-
- Newly built and designed for heavy loaded machines.
- It is the newest technology that ensures maximum suction.
- Dust is collected in different compartments rather than vacuum bags.
- There is a dedicated engine for an air compressor that keeps the pressure study.
- Handling pressure is an important step for cleaning.
- It has 12 six-foot vacuum bags to collect the dust.
- It is important to take professional help because this is a new technology.
- One must understand technical details before using any techniques.
- Dust collectors-
- This is an advance cleaning dust system.
- It involves cleaning of Ductwork deeply.
- A fan unit is with a filter change is put to achieve maximum benefit.
- Improved efficiency of the duct
- Reduces fire hazards due to heat.
- Improves airflow in the duct after its cleaning.
- One must get the maintenance done regularly.
4. Commercial dust cleaning –
- Uses advanced equipment and technology for Dust cleaning
- Specially designed indoor air quality system.
- Clears all adverse dust, pollen, and countless other dust particles.
- Technology developed to clean everything inside the whole building.
- Cleans all kinds of air distribution styles and types at once.
- Increases productive of the dust
5. Dryer Vent cleaning
- Deep cleaning of extremely dirty dryer vents.
- Cleans lint-filled dryer from the core of all systems.
- Immediately increase the productivity of the system after cleaning of ducts.
- A dryer that takes more than one cycle to work, needs to be checked.
Steps followed while for duct cleaning-
STEP 1- Locate the dust
- To begin the cleaning process, first, locate the dust area.
- All the ductworks have metal piping that emerges through an opening outside the wall of your house.
- Analyze the number of dust particles collected and then use equipment accordingly.
STEP 2 – Disconnect all the parts
- After analyzing, remove the parts with dust particles.
- Gently pull away from the vent pipe from the duct wall.
- Dryers using natural gas should be handled very carefully.
- Gas leaks are very risky and likely to happen anytime. Take professional help.
STEP 3- Clean clean clean!!
- Have clear access to all parts of the system.
- Use professional help to clean the ducts properly.
- Dryers should have a specialized dryer vent cleaning kit.
- Take before and after pictures of the work done to ensure the work.
STEP 4- Time to reassemble everything.
- Once the duct cleaning process is essentially finished, reassemble everything back.
- Recheck everything twice after assembling before you start the machine.
- Repeat the cleaning process time to avoid pollutants reach your house/place of work.