Sleeping is considered the best exercise to relax the mind, body, and soul. Regardless, of your age and status, everyone deserves a good comfortable sleep in the night to energize yourself for the following day. Sleep time and quality of sleep will determine your preparation for the next activities. A comfortable sleep can only be achieved if you have a comfortable bed and bedding. Bed and beddings play an important role in sleep. To have that much-needed sleep, investing in a comfortable cotton sheet is a good decision.
Egyptian cotton duvet covers are considered one of the most comfortable types of covers because they are made from the finest raw cotton fiber. It will help you keep warm at night. The demand for Egyptian cotton duvet covers queen size has become popular over the past few years and getting to know more about it means being able to make an informed decision rather than being fooled by the sellers.
So, What is so Special about Egyptian Cotton Afterall!
Egyptian Cotton beddings have managed to earn a reputation for being the “best” cotton in the world. The smoothness, softness, and superior characteristics guaranteed by the fabric have made products this fabric the finest in the world.
There are many reasons as to why this fabric has earned this reputation. Being the world’s finest is not a joke and the following characteristics of Egyptian cotton set it apart from its alternatives: –
- Cultivated from the banks of river Nile, the length of the fiber is what that helps in making the fiber finest of the yarns without compromising on the strength
- The strength of the fiber is so strong that despite regular use and stress, it gives you the same comfort as new.
- It has a great liquid absorbing quality which makes it resistant to colors and keeps them intact for years
- The softness and warmth offered by Egyptian cotton is unmatched in the world
- The cultivating process of this fabric is as fine as the fabric itself. It is handpicked that allows it to have high levels of purity. Also, since it’s handpicked as opposed to mechanical picking, it keeps the fiber intact. All these characteristics have made this humble fabric the finest in the world.
Some Tips for Picking Egyptian Cotton
Looking at the market demand, many retailers are preferring to sell Egyptian cotton products as part of their bedding collection. However, despite the growing market, it is not easy to procure the product because every retailer is not blessed with a high spending market. Hence, they tend to sell duplicate beddings in the name of Egyptian cotton at low prices. Being someone new to this fabric, it can be challenging to identify the difference between the two. But these tips can help you pick the right one: –
- The thread count plays an important role in Egyptian cotton duvet covers. For regular use, a thread count between 120 – 180 is acceptable. Covers with 200 – 800 thread count are considered better above that the finest. But don’t just go blindly by the thread count. The lower count does not mean bad quality and the higher count does not necessarily mean better.
- The cost of Egyptian cotton is another factor to consider. Though unlike earlier, buying Egyptian cotton cost an arm and leg, the production cost of the material has become more affordable, making the products made out of it more affordable to customers. But don’t jump immediately at the low cost. There might be a possibility that the retailer is selling a duplicate product in the name of real Egyptian cotton. Be wary of such retailers. Again, thread count, and softness of material can help you determine the difference.
- The touch and feel of the product are a good way to know about the reality of the duvet cover. Egyptian cotton is known to be softest of all the fabrics and hence, just by feeling it will give you a hint, whether you are buying a real product.
- Look for the sign of Egyptian cotton on the cover. Only products made with real Egyptian cotton will have that sign. If you don’t see the sign and yet the retailer is selling it as real Egyptian cotton, it’s most probably fake.
- Look for discounts on online websites. During festival times, Egyptian cotton beddings are sold at low prices. Just keep a check. It saves you a great deal of money on your purchase.
The luxury offered by Egyptian cotton duvet is unmatchable. You just have to smart enough to know which one is fake and which is real. Study about the fabric as much as possible before purchasing. Otherwise, you may end up buying a duplicate in name of Egyptian cotton.
Leave a Reply