Friends as you know the tile is a very delicate material. So cutting tiles in different designs needs various and a right cutting saw or tools. There are several home projects and various projects at your workplace. But which one is right to buy can be a great confusion for you. So the tips to find the best tile saw will be a great manual in your hand.
Investing in the wrong appliance and making your’ could have been easy tasks tricky or fail is not worthy. A right tile saw should make straight and clean cuts & also chip-free cuts and uncertain edges. How it can be made possible??
Tips To Find The Best Tile Saw
1. Types Of Tile Saw
There is a wide variety of tile saws available in the market. Every tile saw consists of a particular capacity to deal with various projects.
- A tabletop wet tile saw: Tabletop wet tile saw utilize the cutting wheel for cutting tiles mounted at the bottom of the table. The wheels revolve in the pool of water which keeps it cool and eradicates the dust. It is suitable for a solid work area. It is a little heavy to lift around. You can find the motor at the bottom of the saw.
- A handheld wet tile saw: A handheld wet tile is a suitable tool when tiles cutting is to be carried on the job location. It is a great tool to buy for creating inlaid cuts on tiles. This type of tile saw operates with a diamond-coated wheel for cutting. It is mostly used for adjustments while installing the tiles. It is not recommended for making dry cuts.
- Snap or rail cutters: Technically the snap or rail cutters will not be called a saw but it is suitable to tackle with small DIY type projects. It operates with a scrolling wheel on tiles for making thick holes. After scoring the tile it can be severed into the shape. It is very easy to use and also affordable. The snap or rail cutters lack efficiency in making straight cuts.
- Overhead motor wet tile saws: The overhead motor wet tile saws make the use of a table and rail technique for guiding the tile by means of the wheel which is elevated on the exterior of the table. Such types of saws come with an adjustable stand that can be used while you are standing. With the help of the specialized pump, the water will be supplied for keeping the wheel cool and reducing the level of the dust. It is highly powerful and versatile for large projects. In this model, the motor and blade are placed above the cutting exterior. This saw is accessible with or without a linking for water. You can make the dry cuts only if the tile is soft. It is portable enough to be carried on job locations.
2. Types Of Blades
In types of blade you will get the option of a wet blade and a dry blade. Both can be used for making dry cuts. Dry blades generate mess and dust in high quantities.
- Diamond blades: The diamond blades cut the hard materials with ease that becomes difficult to cut with a metal cutting blade. Substances like tile, concrete, and various other hard substances can be easily cut with diamond blades. Diamond blades are suitable for making wet cuts. Let’s the three varieties of the diamond blades:
- Turbo blades: Turbo blades consist of a normal metal matrix link with a saw-toothed edge. It is best and suitable for cement, brick, limestone and soft metal tiles. It can make both dry and wet cuts easily.
- Segmented blades: The segmented blade consists of the normal to hard metal matrix link which makes it apt for various building materials. It works with both, dry and wet saws. The segmented blades run at a very elevated speed and also avoids overheating. Thus it is perfect to cut decorative, porcelain, ceramic, etc.
- Continuous rim blades: The continuous rim blades cut abrasive and hard substances easily. The blade consists of an unbroken boundary that makes clean cuts in highly tough or fragile substances also. It also consists of a soft & neat metal matrix link which cuts glass, marble, granite, natural stone, etc. It is not suitable for making dry cuts and catches excess heat easily.
3. Blade Capacity
When buying a tile saw don’t forget to consider the cutting capacity of the blade. The blades with 8″ inch are suitable for small projects. While the blade with 10″ inch is suitable for projects that need more deep cuts. Make sure your tile saw is highly versatile to adjust with various blade types.
4. Rotations Per Minute (RPM)
In the market, you will find different tile saw models with different motors and rotating power. If you go for a wet tile saw then it will cut tiles more efficiently with high rotation power but it will cost you more. Most commonly the tile saws consist of RPM ranging from 3400-5400 RPM which is suitable for small-large scale projects.
5. Size Of Tile
Tiles are available in different sizes from small to large and then very large. When you select a tile saw determine the tile size you need to cut. You can select a saw as per the side of the tile you want to cut. Large size tile cutting saw can be selected for flexibility in various projects.
6. Cutting Power & Exactness
The cutting power can be enhanced with a long table which will make quality cuts on long material. Some models also include laser level in addition which makes straight and even cuts.
The tile saw can be demanded to make various types of cuts. Also, it needs to fight with water, dirt, etc. So the warranty will be a great plan to look for easy tackling of any issues with your appliance.
These tips to find the best tile saw includes all essential factors that will help you in making the right tile saw selection. Various models are available to tackle with your high-class job-site projects or small-scale projects at home. Now the right tips will give you rid against the mess of broken tiles and make quality cuts and design with your exact tile saw selection.