The garden is very beautiful in the daytime, but at night our garden also needs a different beauty. It seems that garden lighting has become an important part of creating, embellishing and beautifying gardens. Garden lighting is the highlight of the entire garden design. What should be considered for garden lighting?
When planning garden lighting, the location and type of lights should be selected based on the principle of “scenery as the mainstay and lights as the supplement”. Generally, it is safer to raise the brightness of the garden at night using indirect and direct lighting techniques, such as utilizing projection lights and outdoor led canopy lights. If there is a pool in the garden, you should pay more attention to it. Lights should be installed around or at the bottom of the pool to avoid danger. Before covering the soil, the lighting construction should be equipped with the pipelines of the lights. After the covering and planting works are completed, the lights should be installed.
The role of garden lighting design
(1) Enrich the content of the garden space. Through the contrast of light and dark, the landscape to be expressed is highlighted in a background with low environmental brightness, which attracts people’s attention.
(2) Decorative garden space art. Garden lights of different shapes and textures have different decorative effects. The different permutations and combinations of courtyard lights also bring different embellishment effects.
(3) Use the organic combination of point, line and surface to highlight the structure of the garden and the art of applying light to create a strong garden lighting atmosphere.
Light/light source/style selection
Garden landscape lighting, including outdoor lighting of buildings, consists of a lighting fixture system, the goal is to achieve the best results without affecting the growth of flowers and trees. In addition, outdoor lighting should be completely safe for garden residents-people, pets, garden animals and birds.
(1) Light selection
Garden lighting must illuminate places that require frequent walking, such as small playgrounds, garden paths, wooden decks in front of swimming pools, entrances, and so on. After locating what role you are going to let the light play in your garden, you can choose the right light fixture according to the specific situation. Before choosing lights and light sources, we must pay attention to the decoration, energy saving, environmental protection and safety issues.
Ground lawn light: Usually installed on both sides of the park road or at the turning point of important sections to play the role of walking lighting
Wall light: Generally installed on the facade wall of the garden or the pillars of the corridor frame, etc., play the role of intermediate lighting
Chandelier: Generally installed under the eaves or pavilions, etc., to the role of top lighting.
(2) Light source selection
Don’t forget that when you design a garden light, you must do your best to keep the flowers and all other elements of the garden decoration and lighting in harmony. It is best to choose floodlights for garden lights and use warm-color light sources. Light sources that are too cold, or bizarre colored light sources, are generally not suitable for private gardens. If it is too cold, the garden lacks softness and comfort and cannot relax.
(3) Light style
The style of garden lights can be selected to match the garden design style. If you have a choice barrier, please choose a square with simple lines. Rectangle, versatile. The colors that are widely used are black, dark gray and bronze. Under normal circumstances, use less white.
3 Attention to the use of lights in various landscape areas
(1) The garden leisure area is dominated by wall lights, and the plant landscape is dominated by spotlights, showing the characteristics of different spaces at night.
(2) Under the flower stand is the main leisure space in the garden, and the lights and lanterns should be designed brighter.
(3) The design of the garden wall light is simple and artistic. The light is also a decoration of the wall line in the daytime.
(4) Design the lighting light under the flower stand and beside the garden road, paying attention to the traffic function of the garden at night.
(5) It is not recommended to design spotlights around the grass, flowers and plants in the garden. Excessive strong light irradiation will affect the normal growth of plants.
(6) The wall light at the scenery wall is not only the lighting light of the garden road, but also the decoration light of the scenery wall.
(7) The spotlights on the side of the pool illuminate the garden waterscape at night, and the plants in the flower pond use the spotlights on the ground to show the night posture.
(8) The lights buried in the bottom of the reservoir make the night water scene full of dreamy colors.
(9) The number of lights designed in the flower border should be reduced, so that the focus of viewing at night is on the waterscape.
Maintenance of garden lights
After the design and construction of the garden lighting system is completed, it will not be done once and for all, and you need to maintain it regularly. Most people choose professionals to perform maintenance, such as landscape architects or electrical engineers. However, in fact, as long as you think carefully, you can do a great job yourself.
Precautions for maintenance of garden lighting system
The garden light only plays the role of beauty and illumination, so the bearing capacity of the garden light is relatively weak, and objects cannot be placed on the light. In order to maximize the service life of garden lights, it is generally recommended to choose a fixed time to turn on. T The number of times the lights are turned on and off affects the length of the service life. Garden lights are easily stained with dust outdoors, just wipe the garden lights with a clean damp cloth in good time. Regular maintenance inspections, including garden light circuit maintenance and light failure maintenance.
During the day, exquisite garden statues are exposed in the garden, with bright colors and beautiful shapes. At night, we need to carefully plan the garden lighting to enjoy the beautiful garden in the darkness of night. A cleverly designed garden lighting will add unique charm to the outdoor area, and the outside lighting creates a new form and magical atmosphere. A reasonable and artistic garden lighting design layout can not only illuminate the garden at night, but also bring a warm and romantic atmosphere, which is more appealing and home-like than a yard during the day.