The foundation to a great home is not its walls or its couch – but its rugs! Even though choosing a rug may seem like an easy task, finding the perfect rug to fit your home can be quite a challenge. Everything needs to be carefully thought out from deciding its style, color, size, and placement. And once it is, everything else in your home will fall into place.
Let’s be honest: whether you’re looking for something fresh to add to your new home or moving into a new one, the first thing you may need is to help when figuring out where to put all of your rugs. And the second thing you need is to read and take note as rug placements in every part of the room is discussed below:
Rugs in the Dining Room
Rugs in the dining room can always bring hesitation – as it is a messy area where spills are bound to occur. However, with an addition of a decorative rug in the room, you’re able to protect floors from scratches, prevent injuries, add comfort and warmth, and lessen noise. Thus, follow these tips when adding a fabu-rug to your dining room:
- The first tip is to place your dining table and the chairs in the center of the room first. With all of your furniture in the center, you create a focal point in the room, attracting and captivating your visitor’s eye.
- You’re going to need a ruler next as you need to measure the size of your rug. For each side of your dining table, you are going to add about 60cm. By doing this, you ensure that you get the best-sized rug.
- Because dining room rugs are not that costly since they only need flat-weaves or low-piles, these rugs accommodate everyone. With the measurements you have acquired, you just need to search for rugs for those on a budget if you want, and voila!
Thus, your chairs sit still as these rugs accommodate it – all the while becoming your new flavor as well as eye candy. Nothing screams fabu-rugs than those that are pull-proof!
Rugs in the Bedroom
When it comes to the bedroom, the placement of your fabu-rugs entirely depends on the size of your bed. The best and ideal result when placing a rug in the bedroom is to create a usable rug space that gives you a soft-like embrace once you step out of bed:
- The first thing to do is call for help as you may need someone to hold the bed as you place the full area rug partially under the bed.
- After doing so, you will want to put the rug perpendicularly to the mattress.
- With this, you need to pull the rug under, stopping only a few inches before your nightstand.
However, if you have a smaller room, you could also try to add flair. Adding an area rug in the middle of the room, or away from the bed, or placing it at the foot of the bed, you give it just what it needs.
If area rugs aren’t for you, you could also try adding runners to each side of the bed. With this, you still get that comfortable experience in the morning, no matter the size of the bed or the room.
Rugs in the Living Room
The living room is the trickiest when placing rugs. Because this is the first room guests enter, the rug will either be a hit-or-miss, depending on the available space in your living room. But not to worry, as we have got it covered for you:
Small Living Rooms
For small living rooms, you have this choice you could go for:
- Obtain a small rug that is either: 5′ x 8′ or 6′ x 12′. These types of rugs will have a float-like ambiance in the room.
- Place the rug under the coffee table or between your main couch and table.
By doing so, you unify all the pieces in your living room and make it look even more prominent – all the while giving you a comfortable walking room around your furniture.
Large Living Rooms
- For a large living room, a 9′ x 13′ rug is the ideal size.
- Place all of your furniture first near walls and corners.
- After, place your rug in the center – where the furniture isn’t touching the edges of the rug.
By doing so, you divide up the room into different areas with an open concept. This will allow your living room to have a more comfortable walking space and look even more extensive.
Different areas of the house require various rugs; that is the thought necessary to keep all of your ornamental pieces together. However, even with different sizes and placements, all of these rugs will unify each room individually.
Versatile and beautiful, these pieces prove to be an excellent addition to your home. Who needs home carpeting when they can acquire, replace, renew and furnish floors with these fabu-rugs!