Summer is pest invaders’ favorite season. During hot days, you can see them everywhere, including in your house. Besides, a perfect, sunny day can be ruined when you see a mouse, spider, cockroach or other repulsing insects in the house or yard.
Apart from being disgusting, the pest can bring several diseases, so, in case they come to visit, you should do everything you can to get rid of them. Of course, you have to consider safety and non-toxic methods first, especially when you have kids and pets. But are these natural ways to treat pest infestations efficient?
When pesky rodents and bugs are around, a pest control service will save the day
If you tried several methods and nothing could keep intruders away from your home, it’s time to ask for professional help. A pest management company solves your problem fast, just like exterminator Norwalk services. After their intervention, you’ll regain your peace of mind knowing that your house is clean and sanitized again.
On the other hand, prevention is better than treatment, so it’s up to you to keep the invaders away. You’ll find these practices very useful.
- The first thing you could do is block every hole or possible pest entrance. They can find access ways anywhere, so check near doors or windows, in the garage, basement or yard;
- A clean kitchen won’t draw their attention. Crumbs or food leftovers shouldn’t be left on the counter or kitchen floor. After you are done the cooking, wipe the counter, swipe the floor and don’t forget to take out the trash every day;
- Fruit and vegetable shouldn’t be left on the counter. If they ripe more than they should, fruit flies will give you some serious headaches;
- Standing water will draw mosquitos like a magnet, especially during summer, so get rid of it. In this case, rain spouts, air conditioning leaks and toys spread all over the yard are not recommendable;
- A tidy yard means that no overgrown grass can cover pests and their nests. Mown the lawn as often as it’s needed;
- Firewood stored properly won’t invite termites inside your house. You should keep the wood as far away as possible from your house or shed. A good way to store it is in racks situated above the ground;
- Swings and outdoor furniture should be inspected regularly. Check the swing’s chains and corners and all the other outdoor furniture. In case you see spider webs and egg sacks remove them immediately;
- You shouldn’t throw meat leftovers in the outside garbage unless it will be picked up soon. The maximum amount of time until pests start gathering near the rotting meat is around 48 hours;
- Outdoor furniture and toys should be left there. If you bring it into the house, there’s a big chance to carry some unwanted insects with it. In case you really need to use the object inside, carefully wipe it down first.
If you follow these rules, but insects and rodents still appear, you could chase them away with some natural methods or bring in the pros. Before making a choice, go to several pest control businesses, check their offer and all the benefits you could get if you work with them, including warranty and insurance that would cover any damage produced to your house or furniture during the extermination process.