Looking for concepts for window blinds? Why not! Windows have been necessary for letting daylight in and enabling people to see outdoors since the first humans migrated from their cavern into man-made accommodation.
Windows are your home’s eyes and how you dress them can improve or ruin your room décor. The design you choose not only needs to be appealing but it will also determine the light that is cast into the room so your best choice is a flexible window dressing.
Before you start dressing your window blinds, begin by cleaning them. Eliminate those cobwebs with a rigorous wipe so that they shine inside and out.
Looking for the best Roman blinds should not be troublesome. Many shops sell Roman blinds at affordable prices. Some also offer delivery options!
Why DIY Roman blinds are great options?
Aside from having fun in making small or big items on your own, DIY projects can be beneficial as well since you save a lot of money.
In the case of window treatments, this is particularly valid. It can be expensive to buy the perfect Roman blinds, but with DIY options, it can fit right into your budget.
DIY Roman blinds give you plenty of advantages like cost-effectiveness, variety, uniqueness, satisfaction, and more.
How to create DIY elegant window blinds?
There’s a range of DIY solutions and they’re available in different affordable choices. Perfect Roman blinds can be made at home depending on the look of your space, the interiors, the décor, colour of walls, etc.
Here are six DIY ideas you can follow:
- Roman blinds are a basic yet chic solution for windows. They can be suspended over every glass panel and can be tied at various heights depending on where the sun reaches to provide shade and stop the room from getting high temperatures.
Lighters shades will retain a sense of space and cast back heat. A blind fabric, meanwhile, can be used to match with other soft furnishings in your room.
- A scrap fragment of barn sliding can contrast the wood’s roughness with the airy consistency of linen. After installing antique hooks to the wood, you can cut slits into spare sheets so they can be suspended from the hooks. A whimsical finishing detail is added by bows crafted from strips of fabric attached to the hooks.
- A faux Roman blind can be made by a mailing envelope which is a canvas drop cloth. If you want to have a retro look, you can print the graphics on a shirt transfer paper which is ironed on the cloth. After this, distress it to achieve the vintage look.
- Some window coverings are intentionally created to not cover the whole window. A piece of wood can act as a shade for a space like a kitchen where privacy isn’t a major concern. To complete the look, put your design or write your favourite quote on the wood.
- Window cornices are an excellent introduction to simple woodworking. All you have to do to create one is screw three pieces of plywood together to form three sides of a box. After this, use a staple gun to bind upholstery fabric to the shape. For a more complex style, you can cut a certain detail into the cornices.
- With a splash of paint, a basic bamboo roll shade can be turned into a stylish touch of home decor. Uncoil the shade on a levelled surface and use a huge paintbrush and a stencil to create an eccentric design that will give character to your space.
There are broad ranges of fabrics and colours available for Roman blinds. Therefore, you can apply them to any room that you want. Roman blinds are great for providing your window with a sleek, exclusive style.
Due to this reason, they’re found in parts such as living rooms, parlour windows, visitor space, children’s space, and offices as their appearance is more compact compared to roller blinds.
Choosing pale colours can help to decrease the noticeable signs of fading over longer periods in offices and windows facing south that are vulnerable to heavy sunlight. These texture choices are available in a wide range of themes and hues that not only look astounding but will also prolong the Roman blinds’ life span.
Roman blinds bring comfort to your home and they’re still quite an investment. DIY window covers provide a very creative and cost-effective alternative.
Moreover, doing DIY Roman blinds allows you to spend precious time with your loved ones.
With innovative ideas, some time commitment, and proper resources, you can now build beautiful, custom made, and budget-friendly window blinds for your home.
Remember to look for the best fabric shop when you purchase Roman blinds. While some of these items can be pricey, they’re worthy of investment.
Leave a Reply