First and foremost, it’s important to know that spores and fungus can never be 100% eradicated from any space. They are a necessary element in nature and can never be totally removed as it would create an imbalance in your environment. It is literally in the air, so it’s everywhere: both outdoors as well as indoors. It can enter your domicile in a variety of unstoppable ways.
The moment these miniscule particles (known as spores) meet moisture for the first time, they have a feeding and reproductive frenzy; multiplying and growing at exponential rates, creating a large problem quite quickly. To learn more about mold, click here. Infection is usually detected first by a musty, strong odor throughout the house or area, which means it’s time to act!
Taking care of the issue fast and safe is your number one priority when the black fuzzy stuff has totally taken over your home, setting up shop and starting a new family. Statistically it can take less than seventy-two hours for those guys to mosey throughout your living space, creating a possibly toxic environment for your loved ones.
What You Should Do
- You should try to find out if there’s a water source creating the infestation.
- You should totally restrict all access to any areas where you’ve found it for the safety of your family, your pets, and obviously yourself. That way, if it has only appeared in one room with a door, you can contain the spread by keeping the door closed.
- You should turn off any heating or cooling systems in your house, including fans and closing air-vents, as moving air can spread spores throughout the house or area.
What You Should NOT Do
- Do NOT paint over any visible moldy spots.
- Do NOT apply disinfectants, cleaners, or bleach directly on the gross area.
- Do NOT try to carve out or dry the spot or area by yourself.
- Do NOT wipe or blow air over any suspected or verified fungus as it could spread.
- Do NOT disturb or touch the mold with your bare hands or any exposed skin.
Finding the Right Mold Removal Service in Calgary
Professionals in the remediation game are licensed by the state and are well-trained, skilled tradesmen within large operating unions. Look at your team like you would when hiring an electric or a plumber, which means you, should expect to pay more for their expertise. Remember, you’re not just paying them for their service, but also for the education they were required to complete in order for them to be certified.
Canada can be a moist environment, easily harboring the perfect type of living areas for molds and fungus to live and thrive. When first looking for the right Mold Removal Calgary, you want to make sure they are well aware of your local climate. Weather and air quality definitely affect the process of both spores and the eradication of mold.
- Safety gear used by the company of your choice needs to be worn at all times when doing the job or dealing directly with possible infection. High quality filtration masks worn over the fast are an absolute must, as are gloves.
- Professionals in the industry use very expensive equipment that needs to be certified in order for it to be used by commercial companies.
- Often, remediation businesses can do restorative work on your property, like a general contractor or con man might do. Fixing your home can be very costly, much more so than eradicating the issue, depending on stuff likes your taste and what you’re willing to live with.
Like other places, Calgary has its own breeds and types of spores and fungus. Click the following link to learn more about addressing moisture and bacterial invaders in your home: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/publications/healthy-living/addressing-moisture-mould-your-home.html. It is imperative these steps are taken seriously as it could, literally, mean life or death for you and your loved ones.
When choosing the right company, remember that experience is very important. The longer they’ve been active, the better. Read Yelp and Google reviews from verified customers as these are your best source of information on how the process will most likely go down. Always remember that businesses may pay for fake reviews, so use caution.