In recent years, pellet grills have become popular is all over the world, a type of elongated granulated fuel based on the wood waste that is not only an ecological system but much more comfortable for the user, since it is cleaner, Easy to store and occupies less space than wood.
People always come with the question of how to pick a pellet grill? While choosing a pellet. There are several factors that you need to take into consideration, including the size and their price, the market, and that we must choose those that provide us with minimum quality guarantees.
Choosing a quality pellet is essential for the health of our stove since a low-quality product could get too dirty the device excessively and clog it, causing a sudden ignition of it. Over time it could even oxidize the combustion chamber due to excessive condensation.
While choosing the best pellet grill or best pellet smoker, it is necessary to consider several elements:
- The price
- Energy: gas / charcoal / firewood / electricity
- The available space
- The cooking surface
- The functionality
Initially, the most important elements to consider are the price of energy, as well as the criteria of the available space and the surface for cooking, but without forgetting to value the functionality. These elements help in choosing the best the out of many the allow valuing models that may be equivalent, differentiating them by these four criteria.
Choose the Best Pellet grill – Energy criteria:
Charcoal: Charcoal grills are most commonly used by people. These pellets have in their favor the ritual of their ignition, waiting for the embers to form, carefully controlling the cooking process and feeling proud of serving foods that have been cooked with care, which makes the use of it Time, in art and pleasure. Some models have several heights to color the grill, to adjust the heat of cooking or keep food warm, once cooked, before being served.
Gas: It is increasingly popular. The gas grills are ideal for those who like to grill, but do not want to get their hands dirty, who want to control cooking at all times, as well as prepare dishes in the garden in the same way you could do it in your kitchen.
This very beneficial for reheating sauces, accompaniments, and side dishes without having to do it in the kitchen. It also allows you to control the heat to maintain the temperature of the food, once cooked, before serving. The side shelves allow utensils, species, and bottles to be placed within easy reach.
Electricity: Ideal for the balcony or put directly on the table. Typically, of small size, the electric barbecue is easy to prepare, quick to put it ready, since you have to plug it in and we could consider it as the little sister of the big family of grills. These allow you to take advantage of the barbecue, both for indoor and outdoor use.
If the space you have is minimal, you can opt for a mini- pellets, which you can place on a corner of the table and that will be very easy to prepare.
If you have a little more space and want to cook for several guests, you can choose a grill mounted on a cart with folding side shelves, which facilitates the elaboration process.
Finally, if you have enough space and want to have an outdoor kitchen, you can opt for a modular model, consisting of several modules: barbecue, iron, sink, closet, etc. that will adapt entirely to your terrace.
Choose a quality pellet – Points to consider
- Appearance. Quality pellets must have a smooth, shiny surface and no traces of dust. You also have to look at its color, which must be uniform. Points of striking colors would reveal that besides sawdust it incorporates wastes of Formica and plastics. If you find any traces and scratch, avoid buying it.
- Clean. While choosing one for yourself, you must pay attention that paper, metal or earth remains are not included amongst them.
- The pellet must be compact. Note that it does not overdo it during handling since in case of having too much proportion of sawdust or dust, this could increase the ash levels and make the stove dirty more than desirable. Choose the one which is easy to use, handy, and compact.
- The pellets must have a higher density than water. Therefore you can do a small test by dipping a small amount in a container. If they are of good quality, they will be submerged. And if after about 5 or 10 minutes you see that the bottom pieces do not fall apart. It can be possible that they incorporate by using some artificial adhesive since the lignin itself acts as a binder. In this case, a higher level of smoke could occur during combustion.
- Find affordable Pellet not cheap: A variety of pellets are available in the market. Never run for the cheap pellets if you’re looking for the quality. You can easily find an affordable at ultimate grill mate. They are offering a variety of pellets including Cuisinart CPG-4000, Z Grills ZPG-7002B, Pit Boss 700FB, Z Grills ZPG-450A, The Camp Chef PG24S, and much more at excellent rates.
We hope we have helped you by sharing this post to choose the best pellet.