Keeping your mattress clean is not something people think too much about. But the fact is that after a lot of use, and when you also take into account the pets and young children in the home, your mattresses are probably in desperate need of a deep clean. Just you sleeping on it means millions of flakes of dead skin, then there is the sweat, and the bacteria and germs. Then those things you do not want to think about but really should, the dust mites and other critters you are probably sleeping with! It makes sense when you are spending a good 33% of your time sleeping on that mattress to get a good mattress cleaning Ajax-based service.
When do you know your mattress needs a deep clean?
Have you noticed increased instances of;
- Difficult breathing or increased problem with asthma?
- Increased skin rashes, problems with eczema?
- More sneezing and sinus pain?
- Watery eyes?
- Feeling fatigued still and experiencing mood swings as a result?
- Allergies in general acting up more?
If you can say yes to some or all of these then it is possible that the state of your mattress is having a negative impact on your health, or the health of your loved ones. Looking into professional mattress cleaning Toronto is a way to invest in better health and sleep for you and for them.
What to expect in a reliable professional mattress cleaning service
A professional mattress cleaning service will have experience with cleaning mattresses of all different kinds. They should know how to deal with things like allergens and mites and possibly bed bugs if they are there. Look for good customer reviews and it makes sense to also look for a company that uses safe products, preferably ones that are green.
Keeping your mattress cleaner for longer
Here are some tips on how to look after your mattress and keep it in the best condition possible, which should also help reduce dust mites after a deep mattress cleaning Ajax or where you are.
- Take your vacuum cleaner and put on the attachment that lets you clean furnishings and vacuums the mattress at least once a week. This helps remove the dead skin, pet hair, and dust mites too.
- Use a solution of 5 parts water and 1 part laundry detergent on any mattress stains. Try to do it as soon as the stain happens as it works better. Only scrub lightly using a soft brush or a clean white cloth. Use a clean dry cloth to remove as much of the moisture as possible and then allow to air dry.
- Every few months it is a good idea to rotate the mattress.
- Never use something like bleach on the mattress as that could destroy it.
- Consider investing in a mattress cover especially if you have children who are still bed-wetting.
- Avoid eating or drinking in bed so that fewer accidents happen.
While your efforts at cleaning are good, a professional mattress cleaning Toronto service can clean it far better. Consider in calling them in once a year so your mattress stays a healthy place to sleep on.