As the pandemic shows no signs of stopping, businesses across the world are adapting to a more ‘distanced’ way of going about their work. It was a challenging few months before everyone started to get the hang of it, but with modern adaptive measures such as the use of facemasks and hand sanitizers taking root, we are much more prepared now than the initial stages of the outbreak. One such marvel of innovative technology that is revolutionizing the way we’re dealing with this pandemic is acrylic sneeze guards.
What is an acrylic sneeze guard?
Acrylic clear sheets-also referred to as plexiglass- are a petroleum-based thermoplastic that provides protection against the coronavirus. To understand how sneeze guards function, we must first understand how the virus spreads from one individual to another. The virus spreads by way of tiny water droplets that are ejected out when someone sneezes. These water droplets carry the virus until it comes into contact with another person. This is where acrylic sneeze guards step in. The droplets accumulate on the surface of the impenetrable sneeze guard and can then be easily removed via regular sanitization. No droplet can permeate the glass barrier and thus employees like cashiers that deal with a large number of customers on a daily basis are secure.
Where to use sneeze guards?
Ideally, you would want to place these sneeze guards where there is bound to be social interaction. They act as barriers, so places recommended for setting them are between cashiers and customers, between office cubicles or workbenches, and between restaurant tables. Banks are also making use of acrylic sneeze guards to protect their tellers from the influx of clients on a daily basis. Supermarkets such as Walmart have already adopted the use of sneeze guards to safeguard their valuable employees from the disease. Do not let the size or popularity of a business be a determinant of whether or not to install it. Even small departmental stores are using acrylic sneeze guards. Although most interviews have shifted online in lieu of the pandemic, the interviews that are still being conducted face to face are also sporting a handsome acrylic barrier between the two parties.
Tempered glass sneeze guards
High-quality sneeze guards are typically manufactured from tempered glass which is significantly stronger than regular glass and is therefore extremely resistant to shattering. Acrylic glass is also unaffected by regular use of cleaning agents which is highly essential as these sneeze guards will need to be sanitized on a daily basis.
Acrylic sneeze guards are supported by a stainless metal frame to improve their footing and give them an adequate finish. There are two primary support styles:
- Short support: For glasses of a shorter length. These would typically be used in office spaces at well-placed angles as a bigger version will not fit.
- Full support: Larger and sturdier variants for spaces where the going gets a little tough. Busy markets and restaurants are good examples of spaces where these variants are likely to be installed.
Our Acrylic Sneeze guards come in three rich colors:
- Black: A color that gives off a ‘built to last’ vibe and can withstand a great deal of punishment before it starts to look worn or faded. An ideal choice for markets, departmental stores, and even interrogation rooms where the color is a second priority.
- Grey: A color that exudes elegance and finesse. Grey sneeze guards harmonize perfectly with office environments, banks, and upscale stores where glass is already an important element in the landscape.
- Tan: A lively color that is suited for places with a wooden finish such as restaurants and educational institutions. This color has a natural tone to it which coalesces marvelously with modern furniture and energetic people.
Innovations like these are helping the world come closer together in a time of crisis. Staying connected while maintaining safe distances is imperative, and that is exactly why sneeze guards exist. Imagine what would happen if essential businesses like supermarkets, grocery stores, and emergency services shut down. Hence, it is crucial for all of us to make use of these innovations as much as possible to foster a safe as well as a cheerful environment for everyone. The sooner we adapt to these adversities, the sooner we can return to normalcy. Needless to say, this will also ease the pressure on hospitals and emergency services which are already under immense stress and are braving their fears to make sure we stay protected and healthy. It is also worth reiterating here that these guards will only protect you as long as you remain vigilant of other precautionary measures such as washing your hands regularly and wearing facemasks in public. Stay happy. Stay safe!