Bar sink faucets are made to give you mobility and portability. What is a bar sink? Well, it’s a sink that’s smaller than a regular kitchen sink and installed in a place that’s used for regular household works. Some people install it in their kitchen too!
It helps in many ways. Suppose, you’re washing dishes in your regular sink, at the same time, someone can help you with making up vegetables if you have a bar sink installed.
Now, bar sink faucets come up with different variations. Grab one that meets your requirements. This brief guide will show you how to replace a bar sink faucet. The steps will be in two different sections.
So, let’s start here!
- Basin wrench
- Bucket to reserve water
- Regular adjustable wrench
- Rag to dry
- Plastic putty knife
- Flexible supply lines
How to remove your old bar sink faucet?
- The very first step for removing your old faucet is to turn off the water supply lines. You can see the supply lines valve under the sink. Turn them off. After that, open your faucet lever and let the water drain.
- Under the hot and cold water line supply valves, put your bucket in case any water comes out. After that, loosen and detach the supply line using a wrench. Do this for both water lines.
- You may find upper ends of the cold and hot water supply lines under the faucet. Take a look at the back of the sink bowl. If you find them, remove them using a basin wrench.
- The next task is to remove the locker nuts under the faucet. Take a basin wrench to do this and remove the locker nut. Do the same for the opposite nut. Now, your faucet is totally detached.
- Lift your old faucet up carefully. If you find any deposits or residue, remove those and clean your sink up. In this task, the plastic putty knife and the rag will be helpful.
- Now, your old faucet is removed. Let’s jump into the next section to know how to install the new one.
How to install a bar sink faucet?
- First of all, fit the rubber gasket and the nylon gasket at the faucet’s base. After that, hold the faucet and position it at the rim where the old one was.
- Thread the locker nuts that came up with the faucet. Tighten them partially. Use the regular basin wrench to help you. After that, align the faucet body according to your sink. Secure tighten your locker nuts.
- After this, thread on one end of water supply lines that are under the faucet. Now, attach one to the hot water line. And attach one to the cold water line. Use two regular wrenches if required.
- Turn on the water supply valves and check if there’s any leak at the attachments. Turn on your faucet and check the cold and hot water coming in time or not.
- Don’t forget to read the user manual and instructions from the manufacturer. The bar faucet installation method varies from model to model.
- Before finishing up, check if there’s any leak.
So, this is how you can replace your bar sink faucet easily. We tried to cover up everything shortly. If you have any questions or queries, feel free to leave a comment here or contact us directly.
We hope the article was helpful.