Fire damage is a very critical accident, as fire can turn an opulent property into ashes in just a few seconds. If a person gets caught in a fire damage chances of survival are minimum, even if he/she survives the pain is unbearable. Even after undergoing a number of surgeries the scars may remain there. As far as possible, always try to prevent fire by staying vigilant and maintaining all our electrical appliances, gas connections, chimneys and fireplaces regularly. Even if a fire breaks out, alertness can reduce the damage and injuries. If you are not able to manage the situation call the fire brigade and the Fire Damage Restoration Company instantly for prompt assistance.
Steps you follow for fire damage restoration:
1) Safety of life and property
If you delay in an evacuation, you may lose your life. Therefore, you must leave your belongings and first try to save yourself. If possible try to save your crucial documents such as tax return files, education degree, property parers, but never at the cost of your life. If you have an active insurance plan, you might get some financial assistance but fire restoration is still a time-consuming affair.
2) Removal of Soot
After the fire is extinguished, do not enter your home, until soot is entirely removed. Do not try to clean it yourself with usual detergents or soap, this will worsen the mess and cause even more damage, leave it on the professionals.
3) Purifying Air quality
Fire causes an exponential hike in the temperature; if you inhale this hot air you might damage your respiratory organs, if you are around the damaged area, wear protective masks. You should arrange for an air quality check before entering the house or business premises.
4) Plumbing and wiring
Fire causes the pipes to cracks and wires to melt due to the high temperature. Do not turn on the electrical appliances or taps until the fire is out.
5) Removing Stains
Fire leaves visible stains on our walls that are quite difficult to remove. They can only be fixed if all the walls are repainted, with multiple layers of paint.
Some tips for dealing with fire damage :
- Always cook in the kitchen, don’t try to cook in the room or any improper space.
- Always make sure that fire is out of the Cigarette butts before disposing of them, to make sure stamp them with your foot.
- Flammable substances such as wax, petrol, gasoline, LPG should be kept away from the fireplace.
- You must get temperature sensors and smoke detectors installed in your home and premises, to get alarmed in case a fire breaks out.
- As soon as the fire alarm is triggered, evacuate the place without any delay.
- If your business is on higher floors or your house is multi-story there should be an emergency fire exit.
- At least two fire extinguishers should be there in a building.
- Never burst crackers indoor.
- Keep renewing your fire damage insurance plan as these are abrupt.
- Arrange a regular inspection of the fireplace, gas connection and the chimney.
- A chimney should not get blocked, keep checking regularly.
If at any point you realize that the damages are severe and you can’t deal with them, call your restoration company immediately. Soot and smoke formed due to a fire can cause crucial damages to your heart and lungs, if you don’t wear the proper protective equipment and get exposed to them for a longer time then you might get respiratory diseases. That’s why we strongly recommend that instead of handling the situation yourself, you must seek professional guidance from a fire damage restoration company, they ensure that the entire mess is cleaned and most of the damage is repaired at an economical price.