Bathroom tiling has become increasingly in fashion these days, People, in order to give their bathroom a presentable and stylish look, use a plethora of tiles. Bathroom tiling is basically the process by which one covers their bathroom walls and floor with designer tiles. However, bathroom tiling offers more to you than just adding to your décor. There are many more advantages of tiling your bathroom. Let’s take a peek into what benefits tiling the bathroom can provide.
Advantages of Tiling the Bathroom:
- Effortless to maintain: Bathroom painted walls or untilled floors could become challenging to clean. However, with tiles, it is as easy as snapping your finger to clean a washroom. Tiles are water-resistant. Hence, sprinkles of soap, water and any other liquid become undemanding to clean. To maintain the tiles one just has to use common surface cleaning products. This may include lemon juice, soda or cleaning sprays.
- Long-Lasting: When quality material tiles are used in the bathroom, one might not have to worry about renovating the bathroom for a very long time. They are durable in nature and do not crack easily. Above all, the plaster that hold together the tiles are impenetrable. The water cannot enter the gaps as do not contain any. Therefore, it saves you the effort of maintaining it regularly, like regular floors and painted walls.
- Cost Saving: Tiling costs more than regular bathrooms at outset. However, if one considers the long-run benefits of tiling, it can overwhelm all the costs at the outset. Tiling, as said, requires little to no maintenance. However, regular walls and floors might require frequent painting. Besides, the regular bathroom can give birth to moulds and fungus due to constant exposure to moisture. This might require further expenses in the long run than tiles do.
Therefore, along with the stylish look and variety of designs, one can get the following benefits from bathroom tiling. Nevertheless, there is more to tiling a bathroom than just these pros. It comes with quite disadvantages too. Let’s see what one should keep a note of before deciding to tile their bathroom.
Disadvantages of Tiling the Bathroom:
- Stained Frequently: While the regular bathrooms might not stain easily, tiled bathrooms might get dirty quite easily. Besides getting stained, it is quite visible, in a tiled bathroom. Therefore, one might have to do it regularly for a clean and tidy washroom, but the cleaning is easy. One might be able to avoid it with dark colours if needed.
- Greasy: Using tiles on the bathroom floor can be a bit risky; especially, the marble and ceramic ones. They when come in contact with water become really slippery. One might risk falling over the floor and injuring oneself badly with a tiled floor. But, the good news is there are tiles for the bathroom that are much less slippery than usual ceramic tiles. You can use those uneven tiles to avoid fall.
- Cold during winters: Tiles are not great absorbers. Which makes it a bit cold in the winter. Although, with your hot water system it can be taken care of. In winter can be a bit tough, which winter itself is; but, in summer, you get the exact opposite effects. In summer, your bathroom remains the coolest area of your house.
- Initial Cost: Initially, you may find it a bit expensive. You may think it’s costlier than painting a bathroom and that is true. But you will get the benefits in the long run. The maintenance cost of tiles is almost zero.
In a nutshell, these are what bathroom tiling has to offer. There are both pros and cons of installing bathroom tiling in the bathroom. One just needs to weigh what is best for them. Consider all the parameters and then make a rational decision. One should consider the budget, the weather conditions, the purpose, the area and then decide whether tiling the washroom will be prudent or not.
Leave a Reply