Every part of the landscape is not the same. There are certain areas that contain slope which makes it difficult to create the ideal outdoor living spaces such as swimming pool or playground. And, if you face such a situation, then having a retaining wall can do the trick. Retaining walls have a special place in the garden and to highlight this place there cannot be a better idea than using natural stones. These stones feature elegant and timeless look on the walls with much-needed strength. They are easy to use and retain soil.
What Makes Retaining Wall Stone A Popular Choice for Landscape?
Stone has remained to be one of the most preferred materials when it comes to the construction of retaining wall and there are reasons for its ever-increasing popularity:
- Many Options to Choose From: People have a common misconception that they would be limited to choices in case of stone. Fortunately, the reality is far away from that, as with retaining wall stone you have loads to choose from, for example, dry stack wall in which stones of uniform sizes are stacked together without the use of any fixings or mortar, another common variant is the gabion wall, where a mesh filled with various stones is designed to a beautiful shape.
- Stone Walls Are Functional: Stone walls are a versatile solution that acts as a barrier against tons of dust and dirt particles. If these walls are engineered to perfection, then their chances of getting damaged or collapsing are zero. However, this is dependent upon the quality of stone and the professional you select. Thus, when you plan to have these walls take the decisions carefully.
- Enhances Value of Your Home: What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you look at retaining wall stone? Many people are often attracted by the appeal of the walls and the same charm acts as a magnet for the potential buyers. So, if you want to sell the house in the near future then having these walls can apparently help you to get most of the deal with amazing ROI.
- Low Maintenance and Durable: Another amazing aspect of these walls is that they require little or no maintenance, based on the location where you have installed them. When built, these walls are able to stand the test of time for generations to come without any risk of rusting, wrapping or rotting and they do not require any sort of repainting, cleaning or other such maintenance steps too.
Things to Look After When Building Retaining Wall Stone:
Now that you are aware of the importance of retaining wall stone the next step is to make them a part of your landscape. Before doing this, there are a few considerations that you must make, and these are explained here:
- Do you plan to have a decorative or structural wall? Discuss the same with the builder beforehand.
- Make sure the wall is placed in the ideal position because it is difficult to move and thus the area has to be selected wisely.
- Make sure that the drainage system present behind the wall has ample amount of space so that there is no sort of pressure build-up on them from the walls.
- Rely on the best foundation as this ensures both stability and quality of the retaining wall stone.
- If you are planning to have structural walls, to ensure that it has slight backward slopes as this provides better stability to the walls.
When done with these aspects, hire a potential builder who can offer the best services and that too within your budget. Because once you build these retaining walls, you can be sure that it is built to last forever.