For many centuries, balustrades have been a mainstay in architecture. With the growth in technology leading to improvement in balustrade designs, there is no better choice for your balcony. With the right design, the balustrade can enhance the outlook of your balcony while providing safety and privacy. If you are confused about the balustrade design to use for your balcony, this article will highlight all that you need to know. Below are the best balustrade design ideas that you can explore for your balcony.
Balustrade Design Ideas for Your Balcony
- Glass Balustrades: In recent years, glass balustrades have emerged as the go-to option for a lot of homes and commercial properties. The reason for this is not far-fetched, as glass balustrades give buildings a look of elegance while being very affordable. For most people, the mere mention of glass brings up the idea of fragility. This is not the case with glass balustrades, as they are usually made of toughened or tempered glass giving them much-needed durability. You can also design your glass balustrade by coloring, tinting, or even frosting, adding an aesthetic touch while providing privacy. Glass balustrades are also very easy to maintain. Glass balustrades can be designed in a number of ways that are discussed below.
- Wood and Glass: A balcony balustrade made with wood and glass is one that will give your property, a beautiful outlook. The way it is designed, woodwork is used to frame the glass panels of the balustrade. This design is quite durable and stylish.
- Frameless Glass Balustrades: A frameless glass balustrade is designed with no material framing it. This is a very effective design, as it brings light into the property and makes spaces appear bigger. A frameless glass balustrade is a modern style that will fit any balcony.
You can also combine aluminum and glass for balcony balustrades.
- Steel Balustrades: Steel is a very durable material thereby making glass balustrades a top choice for any property. Steel balustrades can work with the professional outlook of a commercial building, while also being great for homes. Asides from its durability, the outstanding quality of steel balustrades is that they can be easily customized. You can easily paint the steel balustrades on your balcony to match the design of the rest of the building. You have nothing to worry about when it comes to the long-term prospects of steel balustrades, as they are rust-resistant and favor different weather conditions. It is also very easy to maintain.
- Wooden Balustrades: If you are going for a vintage look, then a wooden balustrade is the best pick for you. Wooden balustrade can be customized to fit the existing design, by painting or varnishing. Wooden balustrades are strong and sturdy. Wooden balustrades can also be designed with glass, as explained above.
The right balustrade design will give your property style, security and also increase its value. Consult professional balustrade designers to know the best balustrade design for your property.
Leave a Reply