Either you had your carpets professionally cleaned before, or you are thinking to schedule an appointment for it, choosing the best carpet cleaning company it might be a tricky task. Of course the first place to look for is on the internet. You will find the online environment saturated, however not all of them are reputable, trained. It is essential to take some time and do a bit of research before hiring someone. An informed decision it will save you time and money, and it will also guarantee you will be happy with the results. However, how do you know you make the best decision?
Read our guide below to find out which are the key factors to consider and how to choose the best carpet cleaning company.
It is important to hire a reputable company, with a strong clientele and able to provide you with testimonials and references. Don’t be afraid to ask around. For sure you have friends or family members that have used this type of service before and they are willing to share their experience. Hiring a carpet cleaning company means allowing strangers in your home, therefore, it will give greater piece of mind to know that the company is well established and the technicians are fully trained and trustworthy.
Another think that you could do is to check their Google rating, the number of likes/ followers on Instagram or Facebook, and read their reviews. This is a great way to find out more about a business and the services they offer. For the best rated carpet cleaner in Dublin, check Happy Clean. With hundreds of five star reviews, they should be on top of your list.
in the internet era, most people’ first impression comes from the company’s online presence. Do they have a website, does it look professional and has a friendly format, are they on Facebook or Instagram, do they post regularly and engage with their audience, does the before and after pictures of their jobs look genuine? After you’ve checked all these and decided to give it a go, a “second first impression” is built on the conversation you have over the phone, or via email, with their customer service representatives. Did they take the call straight away or in case they didn’t, did they call you back? Excellent customer service means the agent assists you in a professional manner with all the questions you might have, offers you free quotations over the phone (if possible), and try his best to accommodate you at the required time and date or offers at least two alternatives. There is also a “third first impression”, that comes from the feeling you get when they arrive at your home. Are they on time, is the van clearly marked with the company’s logo and contact details, and are the agents wearing branded uniforms and shoe covers? If the answer is YES to all the questions above, then you made the right decision!
- Pricing- I am sure you are familiar with the old saying “you get what you pay for”. In the world of carpet cleaning, that is true in most cases. If you are tempted to go with the cheapest option, think again. A business that respects itself it might let you negotiate a bit, maybe offer you a small discount or a combo deal, however they will never go too low, because they can’t afford it. Why? Because they are using good quality cleaning products, high end machines, and keep their agents up to date with the latest methods and techniques, which means, the price is matching the results. Therefore, be careful what you choose cause most of the time, buy cheap means, buy twice.
- No hidden fees- a respectable company will stick with the price they have quoted you. However, to avoid any misunderstanding, you should always ask what services are included in the price and if there are any additional charges.
- Cleaning process- there are a few options on the market in terms of carpet cleaning process. Talk about this aspect with the company that you want to choose, to make sure that their treatment method is most suited for you and your family and your carpet type. You could choose from wet, steam or dry cleaning. Be mindful about the drying time and chemicals involved in the process.
For carpets, we believe the best option is the water extraction method. This method is highly effective in removing the build-up of dirt from deep inside, leaving your flooring clean and sanitized.
According to Happy Clean, which is a professional carpet cleaning company with more than 6 years’ experience on the Irish market, for effective results, the cleaning agents should follow a 7 steps cleaning process:
- Inspection- check the level of soiling, fixings, seams and backings.
- Fibre test- to determine the right cleaning solution and Ph. level.
- Power vacuuming- one of most important steps. If the dirt and dust are not professionally vacuumed, they will turn into mud, the moment the water hits the carpet.
- Spray pre-treatment- heavily soiled areas and stains are pre-treated with special cleaners and stain removers.
- Deep cleaning
- Carpet cleaning protector- apply a stain repellent protector after the cleaning. (usually charged extra)
- Re Inspect- to check is there are any areas or stains that need to be further treated.
- Eco friendly cleaning methods– don’t be afraid to ask what type of cleaning products and techniques they are using. It is best to choose a carpet cleaning company that utilizes green certified detergents. That’s how you know that your flooring will not only be clean, but safe for your family and pets, as well as for the environment.
- Guarantee- we all love business that can guarantee for their work. That shows their commitment to all their clients and gives you greater piece of mind. A reputable cleaning company will guarantee that their work is at the highest standards, and if you are not happy with the results they will make the necessary changes or refund the money.