If you always thought the lamp in your yoga lessons, spa or massage center visits was there as a decorative item, then you were wrong. Besides being decorative and offering its warm and soothing glow, it also offers other benefits to your therapists and their clientele.
These beneficial lamps provide more than just a relaxing experience for you; also, they offer your health benefits through their air cleansing actions.
How does it work?
These lamps are made from salt. Salt is a mineral, and it attracts water molecules (it is known as hygroscopic). As the salt lamp burns, it attracts the water molecules and with these; it decontaminates the air of dust, pollen, mold, and bacteria, which all have a habit of attaching themselves to water molecules.
When the heat from the light source evaporates the water molecules, it releases a small number of negative ions and these counteract with positive ones. These are just enough to offer some very positive benefits. Because of the tiny amounts released, bigger spaces need more than one lamp to achieve the full benefits.
How do the negative ions from lamps work?
As negative ions float in the air, they have energizing and mood-boosting qualities because they neutralize the air. The effects of the negative ions released from the salts in the lamps can last for years.
- They remove allergens from the air, relieving the symptoms of asthma and other allergies.
- Bacteria and dust mites are removed, creating a better quality of air to breathe.
- They create a more mindful space and a deep sense of relaxation and many people find they sleep better after their treatments or if they have a lamp in their home.
- People who suffer from ADHD, depression, and concentration problems are offered a sense of relief.
What types of salt lamps are available?
There are many types of lamps available, but they are not all genuine. Salt mined in the Himalayan mountain range has the most benefits, and authentic lamps are made from this salt.
Lamps made from other salts do not offer the same benefits, they last far less and some have the potential to release dangerous elements into the environment of your spa or massage center.
However, there are ways for you to spot a fake lamp:
- Color variants are normal in Himalayan salt, but the lamp will usually have an orange or warm pink color and an earthy appearance. The color is never even throughout the lamp because it may have been mined from different areas. There are also white Himalayan salt crystals, but lamps made from this are very pricey. If the lamp is made of white crystal and its price feels like a real bargain, then it’s not Himalayan salt.
- Himalayan salt does not emit light brightly, and the light does not glow the same from every angle of the lamp.
- If your lamp loses its color, it is probably not genuine.
- Authentic lamps are very fragile and it’s normal for them to come with a chip.
- A genuine lamp will “sweat” since it attracts water molecules, and this is more noticeable in humid environments.
- Real salt lamps are heavy because salt is a heavy mineral. An imitation lamp will be quite light for its size.
The recommended salt lamps for a spa center
There are two types of these lamps available, the first is electric and works with a light bulb, while the second uses a candle. The size does matter, as the larger the room, the heavier the lamp should be. However, a few smaller lamps scattered around a bigger area work very well too.
That is why it is recommended that spas and massage centers use tea light burning lamps. Smaller lamps that can hold tea lights can be scattered around a spa area to create a beautiful glow with all the added benefits. In a salon environment, beeswax tea lights are recommended because they burn longer, and contain no toxins. They are also believed to release small amounts of negative ions, much like the lamp, enhancing its effects.
Available designs & shapes of candle holders
Fab Glass and Mirror has 5 beautifully crafted 100% Himalayan lamps to choose from. These are hand-carved in Pakistan where the salt originates from.
These are all ideally shaped to create the right atmosphere in any space designed for relaxation and as they purify the air of allergens, they help reduce the stress and offer their energizing effects.
Lamp shapes to choose from include two types of classical candle shapes and a stunning triangle, star, or heart. The lamps weight 2 LB each and their dimension are 3-1/2” all around. Take note that because they are made from natural Himalayan salt, their weight, shape, and color may vary.
Order today from Fab Glass and Mirror and
receive the Himalayan salt lamps within 12 hours and 6 candles included.
Leave a Reply