Choosing the best sink for your kitchen is not an easy task. After all, it’s a sizable investment therefore it requires a significant amount of research before you reach your conclusion. Despite being the most neglected part, a sink bears a lot of abuse and use in a lifetime. If you don’t choose it wisely, it may tarnish the entire look of the kitchen. So a sink should enhance the aesthetic appeal of your house. The ambiance of the kitchen should be enhanced when you’re installing a kitchen sink. However, you can’t blindly opt for the most stunning design if it doesn’t guarantee durability. After all, this will bear a lot of hassle in your kitchen. So, any material susceptible to damage should never be in your sink. Also, it should match your home decor. Otherwise, it’ll look awkward. Likewise, there are a couple of factors that you should consider prior to making the best buying decision.
The Materials of The Sink
There are a variety of sink materials used including fireclay, porcelain enamel steel, hand-hammered copper, stainless steel, quartztone granite composite sinks, etc.
- Fireclay Sink: Fireclay is one of the most durable materials among all the ceramics. It enhances the beauty of your kitchen with its ark work that brings life to your kitchen. Being one of the expensive materials among the kitchen essentials it’s founded in a very rare part of the world. The design of a fireclay sink represents the traditional farmhouse beauty. It’s created in factories under the maximized temperature for long hours to bring its quality. Therefore it may last for a lifetime with little maintenance.
- Porcelain Enamel Sink: Next, the porcelain enamel steel sink is one of the most common types of kitchen sinks. You will see it every alternate house as it provides longevity under a reasonable price. The porcelain steel sink is the advanced form of classic cast iron sink. In order to maintain its standard and increase its lifespan, the material is baked under a 1500 degree F for twice. It brings a smooth surface free of any scratches. The maintenance is quite easier than other sinks. You can simply wash it with a sponge and soap once in a while.
- Quartztone Sink: The quartztone granite composite sink provides more durability than natural granite because it’s harder than this. In order to make a perfect anti-microbial and hygienic surface, the quartztone granite is made up of mixing granite, acrylic blend, quartz fused, and silver ions. It can guarantee lifetime longevity if maintained well.
- Hand-Hammered Copper Sink: The hand-hammered copper is made of pure copper than guarantees longevity. The artisan creates a unique work of art on these sinks as it doesn’t use any machine. You can be highly creative while making the sink. It truly enhances the look of your kitchen. If you are looking for relevant services, then you can buy Houzer sinks online.
- Stainless Steel Sink: Stainless steel sinks are made to provide high-end corrosion resistance. In order to provide the highest level of protection, manufacturers use a combination of nickel, chromium, and stainless steel as well. You can make the desired design that you want with these sinks. Also, it provides a lifetime guarantee under an affordable shed.
Choose The Right Size
The size of the sink should equally be taken into consideration as you may have to re-install the cabinet again for choosing the wrong size. It depends on a couple of factors like it’s a frequent use, number of dishes, size of the kitchen, budget, etc. The larger the size will be, the higher the price. So, if there is no need for a larger sink, then you should refrain from buying a bigger one. Rather a mid-sized will work perfectly for you. Also, if your kitchen size is too tiny, you should refrain from installing a farmhouse sink or any larger sized sink as it’ll look awkward overall. Apart from that, the sizes have three different categories like a single bowl, double bowl, and triple bowl. You can pick the desired one based on your own requirement.
Choose The Installation Type
Generally, there are four different types of sink mounting including the drop-in, tile-in, under-mount, and farmhouse. The drop-in installation method is the easiest and widely used option. It’s where the sink is dropped and lays on your countertop. The under-mount method is a bit costly because of its intricate process. It’s the most ideal process to install your sink because it allows you to clean the debris much more effectively than other installation types. Then the tile-in installation is the same as drop-in installation types. Lastly, the farmhouse sinks are for the large-sized kitchen. But it can enhance the entire look of your kitchen if it’s installed properly. This technique provides additional support to bear the weight of the sink. It’s considered one of the most reliable installation types for kitchen sinks.