Proper and timely cleaning of the outdoor furniture covers is essential for increasing its life and functionality.
It goes without saying that this will need a little bit of time from your busy schedule. Well, you can do it yourself or have it done by any professional cleaning service that includes this type of cleaning in their service list as well.
No matter whichever way you choose for the cleaning process, you will need to make sure that it is done perfectly. This will not only ensure enhanced life and durability of the covers but will also make your investment more cost-effective.
Guide created by Fabric Guru, an online retailer where you can buy drapery fabric online.
Caring for the covers
When it comes to caring for the Outdoor Furniture Covers there are a few specific ways in which you can do this. Remember, your covers will serve you the best only when it is cared in the best possible way.
Caring for your outdoor furniture cover specifically involves storing of it, especially when it is not in use. Make sure that:
- You fold up them nicely and
- Store they in a safe place.
By safe place it is meant that the place you stow away the cover should be free from any pests and insects that may damage the cover. It is also required to make sure that the place is dry and moist.
- This is essentially required for the covers that are made of canvas material because molds and mildew form best in moist places and pieces.
- It will reproduce at a rapid pace, often unnoticed, and will cover the entire area of the protective cover, thereby damaging it.
In addition to that, you must also make sure that the place you store the cover is accessible and you do not have to struggle hard to pull it out from the place.
You must also make it a point to inspect the cover from time to time to look for any issues or signs of damage in it. Especially, you should look at the seams to make sure that these are intact because this is the specific place from where the water in most likely to seep inside and damage the furniture and the fabric.
Cleaning the covers
The cleaning process to be followed for your outdoor furniture cover will largely depend on the type of fabric or material you choose for it. you will need to follow different types of cleaning methods and solutions for different types of fabrics.
- Most of the times you can clean the outdoor furniture covers by using a mixture of water and a mild detergent that is not abrasive.
- Wet it the mixture and scrub the fabric to remove the dust, dirt and grime from it.
- Lastly, you will need to hose it down to rinse the soap solution completely from it.
All you have to do now it dry it. Spread out the covers out or hang them outdoors to air dry. if the covers are machine washable, check the tags for cleaning instructions so that the washers and dryers do not pull the seams apart and damage your covers.