The best way to beat the heat this summer is taking a dive in the swimming pool longing for you. However, before hitting your pool back you will have to clean it in order to make it usable. The best way to clean your pool in such a situation is acid washing it, but it requires you to drain the pool. However, draining the pool comes with its fair share of problems.
Draining the pool can also cause irreparable damage to your pool in addition to being expensive and complicated. Luckily, there is a way for you to acid wash your pool without actually draining it. You can use the no drain acid wash on your pool to clean it. It is cost-effective as well as it does not damage your pool in any way.
Working of No Drain Acid Wash
The no drain acid wash typically uses any of these three acids to clean your pool; HCl, H2SO4, NaHSO4. The acid is used so the pH of the pool is lowered to almost 1. The use of these chemicals strips off the upper, dirty layer off your pool and exposes the new, clean layer.
How To Clean the Pool Yourself?
Here is a detailed guide on how to clean your pool without draining it, yourself.
- Firstly, turn off the filtration system of the pool so it does not meddle with the cleaning.
- Apply some lubricant or petroleum jelly on the metals items such as gutters to prevent oxidation.
- Now add the acid to the water of the pool. The calculation of acid depends upon the pH of the water and the size of the pool. You need to get the pH of the water down to 1. To do this you need to have an idea of the pool’s size and amount of acid to be added to it. You can consult the tables available online to get a clearer idea.
- Once the acid is added, you need to brush every area of the swimming pool.
- Now let the water rest for a day and check the alkalinity of the pool again. Now add the acid again so that its pH is back to 1.
- Once all the stains and dirt are removed off the surface of the pool you need to neutralize the pH. You have to add base to the water in a quantity that returns the pH of the pool to 7.2.
Why Hire Us?
It is better to let the experts clean your pool as it can be dangerous. Strong acid used in acid wash can cause serious injuries. Hometown Pools and Spa has an expert team of Oklahoma City Pool Cleaners which will be glad to assist you. We will take care of your pool cleaning in OKC and pool repair in OKC safely. We clean your pool thoroughly and remove those stubborn stains. Contact us at or visit our website https://hometownpoolsandspas.com for further information.
Leave a Reply