Every kitchen equipment lasts longer when used appropriately and maintained. Electric egg cookers also run by the same rule. An electric egg cooker cuts your cooking time and hardship by three times. So, it is obvious that you want your egg cooker to run smoothly for a long time. How you can make sure of it, which is the main concern. Well, look no more. We will walk you through exactly how to use an electric egg cooker for longevity so that you can use the equipment at your convenience for the longest time.
What Is an Electric Egg Cooker
An egg cooker is multi-purpose, electrically powered kitchen equipment. It is basically a steamer. The steam cooks eggs without any input but water and electricity. The cooker is put together, assembling some essential parts. They are Lid, Egg Tray, Heating Plate, Base, Power Button. These are the basic compulsory components that make the cooker. But with design and manufacturer variation, it can also include Poaching Tray, Omelet Tray, Egg Tray Removal Tool, Measuring Cup, and Egg Pin. So, it is a whole package for cooking all types of egg dishes. From all types of boiled to an omelet, the cooker would prepare anything for you.
Popular Brands of Electric Egg Cookers
There are many renowned manufacturers of egg cookers in the market. They offer brands and more options for you to pick from. Some of the famous egg cooker brands are Elite Gourmet, Dash, Hamilton Beach, Copper Chef, KRUPS, etc. these are brands that never fail to gain customer satisfaction and trust. So, it is highly recommended to pick one from these brand names. Elite Gourmet and Copper Chef are well known for being the best egg cooker manufacturers. You can visit CookersWorld if you want to know more about the top rated egg cookersthat are available in the market.
How to Use an Electric Egg Cooker for Longevity?
Now let’s get down to what you can do to help expand the lifespan of the egg cooker. It is no secret that the equipment least damaged while using would last longer, so the cooker needs to be used with care. Using it with caution helps to maintain any equipment. But to make it work longer and as effectively as before, you must follow some necessary steps. So, without further ado, let’s look at them.
Before Cooking Prep:
- When you receive your electric egg cooker, it is a must that you rinse all removable parts in hot, soapy water. But you should never drench its body in any sort of liquid. The base and machine surface can be easily cleaned with a wet kitchen towel. After cleaning the whole machine, you must dry every part as well. It would do you two goods. Firstly, it would ensure your food is not contaminated and secondly, maintenance will help the machine to last longer and work better.
- You should always use cold on the heating plate. The egg cooks as the water heats up and vaporizes. So, the timing includes warming up the water too. Heated water would vapor out before the cooking process is over and it is a risky thing to have an empty cooker plugged in. it can cause damage to the machine. Also, the power switch must be kept off when you plug the machine into the socket.
- You must check the eggs before placing them in the egg tray. It is to make sure that the eggshells should not be cracked or damaged in the bottom. Because it is a potential leak hazard. So, it would be better if you use fresh and firm eggs for the cooker.
During Cooking Caution:
- While the cooker is on, keep any metal utensil away from the hot plate and the cooker. The hotplate gets very heated to make the vapor.So, any metal utensil in contact with the heated plate will cause damage to the cooker, also it is a health hazard for the cook. keep it on a flat surface at all times for safety and performance assurance.
- After the cooker vaporizes all the water, immediately turn the power off and cautiously remove the eggs. You should not leave the eggs in with power on after cooking time is over. It is bad for both eggs and the cooker.
After Cooking Measures and Storing
- After using the electric egg cooker, do not try to store it right away. It first needs to cool down, cleaned thoroughly with soap water so that every stain and spill can be cleared. This way there will be no stains or burn spots.
- After cleaning and drying the cooker, you need to store it somewhere dry and keep the machine body on a flat surface as well. In this way the machine will not be damaged in the storage. Try to keep all the parts separated from each other for better storing.
There are some safety majors and cautions you must follow while working with the cooker. First of all, the piercing pin that comes with the cooker is very sharp. So, it needs to be handled carefully. Always use heat-protective gloves while removing eggs or even doing anything around the heat plate. Always place the cooker on a flat surface or it can spill hot water or fall over with the eggs in it which will cause a colossal mess. Also, you need to make sure, it is away and out of reach from children. While using it, keep a timer set so that you can turn it off immediately after done cooking to avoid any kind of unpleasant occurrence.
In fine, it is clear that a little caution while using the machine and maintenance. First thing you need to make sure is that it is powered off while both putting in the eggs and taking out. Also, you should monitor the cooker performance while in motion and detect any change and fix it accordingly. The machines run good throughout their lifetime if maintained and used as the manual instructed. So, you just need to keep an eye out for its performance, use it carefully and clean it thoroughly, this is all it will take to make your electric egg cooker last way past its anticipated lifeline.
Leave a Reply