Relevant lighting is one of the vital design elements of salon design. This factor has a significant effect on how clients make out of the salon and the services offered. For first time clients, especially, the lighting will impact the first impression they have about the salon, their mood during their stay in the salon. Lighting also contributes to how productive employees are in the salon.
How Lighting Plays A Vital Role In Interior Setup Of Beauty Salon
Lighting has an efficient use in the beauty salon. Lighting assists the beauty salon employees with work, makes them view the customers clearly, and ensures they do their work efficiently.
As a result, lighting has a direct effect on the work quality of the salon. The best nail expert, professional hairstylist, or makeup artist cannot perform excellently in an environment with poor lighting, and working in a poorly lit environment is not a good exercise for the eyes.
Sets the Atmosphere and Mood
The lighting in the salon produces the atmosphere and mood in the salon. Bright and cold lights are avoided in a beauty salon, for example, because these are more suited for clinics. On the other hand, dim and warm light makes the mind and body relaxed. This is what clients are after in a salon, a place where they will feel relaxed and welcome.
Makes your face look good
To look good and feel it is perhaps one of the key reasons why people go to the beauty salons. Proper lighting can help with this in the salon. Appropriate and adequate lighting makes people look good in a mirror, and colors are rendered close to their natural representation as much as possible.
Good lighting also helps beauty experts in the salon carry out their tasks with absolute precision. If the salon sports bad lighting, beauty experts would probably not be able to see what they were doing clearly, and this could cause a big mess for the salon.
TYPES OF LIGHTING THAT MAKES BEAUTY SALONS ILLUMINOUS
This is the main source of lighting in the beauty salon. It is usually used alongside dimmers and suspended ceiling lights.
Asides from ambient lighting, which is the primary source of illumination in the salon, task lighting is also essential. Task lighting refers to supplementary light sources that help with specific work tasks in the salon.
The lamp placed on the desk in the reception, the floor lamp installed in the color station, or the addition of magnifying lamps for use by cosmetologists is all examples of task lighting.
Accent lightings are used to draw the attention of clients and customers to specific things or items in the salon. You can use them to highlight a display of products, draw attention to accessories on sale, or divert the attention of customers to professional certificates.
Mirrors are important in the beauty salon. Vanity lighting provides even lighting all around mirrors. They reduce shadows, which in turn helps hair professionals and makeup artists work better on a client.
INDUSTRY EXPERT IDEAS TO ENHANCE LIGHTING IN THE BEAUTY SALON
Pendant lights are single light bulbs that have a shade attached to them and are suspended in the air by either a wire, pole, or chain. Pendant lights are best suited for task lighting and should not be ignored when layering lights within the salon.
They are available in different styles, lots of colors, different shade designs, and materials. They are stylish, functional, and bring a unique and elegant feel to your beauty salon.
Here’s how to use pendant lights in the salon:
- Use pendant lights to draw attention to a specific spot like a spotlight, a form of accent lighting for the salon. This draws attention to what is illuminated by the spotlight.
- You can also use pendant lights as primary light sources in the salon. It creates a warm ambiance due to the shades attached to the lamps.
- Use pendant lights as task lights in the salon.
- Also, pendant lights can help you save on some floor space, especially if you are trying to maximize available space. They provide needed lighting without hindering moving around.
BACKLIT LED MIRROR
Backlit led mirrors are part of the most popular mirror types. Backlit mirrors make use of lighting LED tubes that are installed behind the mirror on the perimeter outline.
Backlit mirrors produce toned-down but adequate light that is perfect for salon activities. The LED lights produce a glow that contributes to the relaxing atmosphere in the salon.
Why You Should Upgrade to a Backlit Led Mirror
- Backlit led mirrors to look much better and are stylish additions to your salon while serving as an even source of lighting at the same time.
- Because the light produced by a backlit mirror is even, shadows are eliminated. This makes them a perfect option for makeup artists and hairstylists and, ultimately, the beauty salon.
- Due to the use of LED lights instead of the regular ones, backlit mirrors consume less energy and have a longer life compared to ordinary bulbs.
- Backlit mirrors, especially when used as the only source of lighting in specific areas of the salon-like styling areas, produce a soft glow that adds a dramatic effect to your salon and contributes to a relaxing ambiance.
- GLASS SHELVES
Glass shelves apart from their functional use in beauty salons also offer lighting benefits for your beauty salon. Glass shelves produce an airy and light feel in the salon. They strengthen the salon’s ambiance, reduce shadows, and utilize white spaces.
Glass shelves can be used to display products in the salon. They also serve as extra storage and help to save on floor space if you are trying to utilize the limited floor space in your salon fully.
Glass shelves reflect light and help to create a light effect in the salon. This is because they are transparent and allow light to pass through them.
You can also use glass shelves to create unique accent lighting in the salon. You can achieve this by placing a spotlight beneath them to produce a fantastic under lighting visual. It can be used to direct the attention of customers to items that are on sale or that you want the salon customers to see.