It will never be easy to move to another city, giving a similar feeling like moving to a different country. The process may involve unexpected costs and unforeseen challenges, where it could turn out to be burdensome. Transferring to another city like Auckland in New Zealand is no different to moving to any other part of the world, much of the process is the same, however it can be simplified with the right knowledge and the right moving company with experience to guide you through the process. When you relocate to Auckland or the surrounding areas there’s a lot of things that need to be done correctly, by hiring experienced furniture movers you may take advantage of a variety of services provided by a moving company.
What To Know About Living in Auckland
If you are unfamiliar with Auckland, it is a large city in the Northern part of New Zealand. With more than 1.4 million people living in the urban area alone, it is considered one of the most populous and largest cities in the country. Having a very diverse culture and population, the top 3 origins of people living in Auckland are Europeans, Asians, and Pacific people. Having a diverse background, people are usually friendly like the locals who are warm and welcoming. In terms of religion, a 2013 census revealed that the largest percentage has affiliations with Christianity followed by people who are irreligious, based on the said census report.
Based on an independent website that features reports on how it is to live in New Zealand, house rents in Auckland can start from an average of NZ$450 per month for 2 bedroom house and around NZ$500 for a 3 bedroom one. The prices could be much lower for a one-bedroom unit for those living alone or with a partner only. Talking about the average cost of living, a single person is estimated to spend around NZ$1500, not including the rent.
The Cost of Moving to Auckland
Finding a relocation company in New Zealand can be a bit tricky. Though there are moving comparison websites that can help in finding Auckland mover quotes to assist in moving your furniture and belongings to your new home in Auckland. Moving house can be costly and you would want to put budgets in place so your finances don’t get out of control, somake sure to consider the following:
- Number of items to be moved – the removals company will charge you less if the transfer will only need one vehicle. You can sell your old household items through a garage sale or through online marketplaces. Consider throwing out those that are not in good condition.
- The distance of the new home to the old one – since some moving companies may charge you per move, pricing may also depend on how many kilometres the vehicle has to run for the transfer.
- Other services – Availing some of the moving companies’ additional services like packing and unpacking will be an added cost. If you will be living with someone in the new house, ask for their help.
Being a major city with commercial hubs, congestion on the road can always be a concern. Though there are many main roads that lead to the smaller ones, make sure that there is an exact address that could make your new house easier to locate. When contacting a moving company, make sure to understand their pricing and whether they charge per move or per hour so you don’t have to overpay for their services.
In addition, be familiar with the local rules and regulations for your new house in Auckland. The moving company could be using a very large truck that will not fit the curb side road, as it may require additional manpower and cost to deliver them inside the new house. Parking regulations may prohibit entry of large trucks or could be charged with parking tickets that will be charged to their customer. Therefore, it is also essential to know the neighbourhood and environment to avoid hassle and unexpected charges. This is on top of additional services that you might have availed with them.
To save some money, spend some time looking for the right moving company in Auckland and surrounding areas that will meet your budget, expectations, and requirements. This will ensure to meet your expectation within the amount that you are willing to spend.
Save Big by Finding the Best Moving Company
While it might be a convenient idea of finding one moving company that fits all of your needs, there are multiple websites that can help you compare their pricing. It can give you the possibility to find better prices that will match your other unspecified needs. Best of all, these non-binding quotes can be provided by moving companies free of charge. All you need to do is to verify the exact pricing for them to ensure accuracy and you could even schedule the transfer right away.
If you are still not convinced of getting a moving company for your relocation needs, here are some of the things that they can do for you:
- Hassle-Free Transfer – Obviously, the removals company will reduce the stress brought by the home transfer. They can take charge from preparing the things you have to transfer in the old house up to arranging those in the new one.
- Overall safety – Moving heavy items such as large kitchen appliances and furniture can cause accidents or even break them. Getting the services of a professional removals company can ensure everyone’s safety, as they are trained and have knowledge on how to lift and unload huge items.
- Saves your car – Using your own car could be a great option for saving money, but it may damage your vehicle. Maximizing the car’s weight capacity while driving a long distance can be dangerous and cause the vehicle to break down. Unless you own a truck fit for relocating big furniture and appliances, save your car for other personal reasons.
Get The Best Without Leaving Your Seat
When you have decided to take that step and move to Auckland, the task to check moving companies one by one that may fit your needs could be tiring. There are now comparison websites dedicated to moving companies that will help get the best prices without compromising on what you truly need. These websites even include an option to get an estimated price for additional services. Finding a trusted moving company that is experienced is one of the first steps and an important one that can ultimately turn your move to Auckland into a smooth transition.