Safety comes first. And this article will not talk about our activities on the Internet, when searching and playing online casino games or specifying personal data in accounts in social networks. Even though this is extremely important.
Safety is a state of protection of vital body functions. In simple words, confidence in the security of physical and psychological health. And since many of us are parents, our first concern is the safety of our children. We can say that it is already a reflex. So, knowing their hyperactivity, especially at a young age, all the time we need to think of ways not to let them injure themselves.
Today we are going to tell you how if you have your own yard and kids, installing a functional and attractive playground will be a great way to let your kids have fun and move around a lot every day. Fun adventures right outside the house are any child’s dream!
And you, as parents, will also be happy to keep the kids busy and having fun. Placing a playground in the yard is definitely a guarantee of well-being and health because:
- Сrawling, jumping, swinging, the child learns to control his body, develops physical abilities, and, as a result, increases immunity!
- The child will have personal space to play. A psychologically important moment, which teaches independence and responsibility, gives a feeling of comfort and safety.
- The child will be able to participate in collective games with siblings/friends and develop their social skills.
- Your children will be busy for a long time, and you will have much more time for your own activities, without worrying about your child’s safety.
Installing the Playground – Step by Step
When the decision is made – “Let’s do the playground!”, you need to start taking action! Follow the simple steps and you’ll soon have an attractive playground in your yard.
Think about how much space you can dedicate to the playground. Of course, you can place elements of the playground all over the yard, but it is recommended to do it in one particular place. This way children will feel like they have their own territory, and also protect flower beds from accidental trampling and other garden decorations from damage. If space is tight, that’s no reason to give up on the idea. You’ll be amazed at how many compact solutions now exist – small plastic sandpits, small but cozy playhouses, compact inflatable pools, and more.
Study the offer and choose the most suitable elements for the playground. Do not forget about the main goal – the playground should fascinate the child, encourage him to spend a lot of time there. What designs then are the most appropriate? The answer is simple:
- The ones that your child likes. If your child is old enough, just ask what they would like their playground to be like. If your little one is still young, research what appeals to him most when you visit other playgrounds. Maybe he likes to swing for hours on the swings, climb as high as he can, or play with the sand. Here’s the answer!
- Those that are age-appropriate for the child. Take this criterion into account, but also think about the future, because children grow up quickly. It is advisable to choose such designs, which will please the child here and now, as well as development-oriented. For example, a sandbox to use immediately and a small climbing wall for the future. This will motivate them to learn new skills!
- Visualize your idea. You don’t need to be an artist to just sketch your future playground on paper. This will help you to get an accurate idea, in time to see the flaws and eliminate them, to plan the sequence of your actions in the creation of the site. At this stage, it is very important to think about the safety of the site (see recommendations below)!
- Go for it! Once the products are selected and the plan is developed, all that is left is to order everything you need, wait for the order and start installing. It will take some time, but keep the end result in mind! Show your creativity and complete the finished area with attractive decorative elements – umbrellas, garden figures, light bulbs, etc.
Enjoy the result together with your children!
The Most Popular Playground Equipment
Nowadays playground elements are produced in an improved version – even safer, more functional, and more attractive. In stores, you will find everything you need to create a fascinating and safe playground, as well as to improve and decorate it. Buy separate elements and combine them into one playground or buy ready complexes to your taste!
- Children’s slides and sandboxes for the smallest ones. Multicolored slides of different heights are equipped with high sides for safety. For even more fun, some models are completed with climbing walls, towers, etc. Sandboxes are available in a wide range of sizes – from compact plastic boxes to large wooden models, where multiple children can play at the same time. Convenient to use sandboxes with lids, canopies (protect from direct sunlight), wide edges, and benches on which you can both sit and bake another sand “pie”.
- Swings. For the youngest children, choose swings with safety barriers or plastic models in the form of funny animals that are set on the ground. Older children will love swings on ropes and chains with greater swinging amplitude, as well as nesting swings with a circular mesh of different diameters. If you have two or more children, consider a seesaw or design with two or more swings.
- Playground modules. In this category, you can find many options for both toddlers and older children. Playground modules consist of two, three, or more elements: swings, slide, playhouse, climbing wall, rope ladder, etc. You can buy a prefabricated module, but you can also create your own version from separately purchased elements. As a result, you will save money and get a playground, which exactly meets the wishes of your child!
- Houses. Colorful and beautiful plastic houses or realistic wooden models with fences, terraces, slides, swings, etc. The house does not have to be big for a child to like to play there. It can even be a compact but cozy tent.
- Water attractions. Kids love to play with water! Inflatable pools for kids and pools with water attractions (with slides, fountains, balls, and other elements) will be the best place to relax on hot days. We offer both very shallow, small diameter pools for kids, and wider and deeper models for older kids.
- Trampolines for maximum energy discharge will please not only children but adults as well! Buy a trampoline of a larger diameter and jump in a cheerful company. These moments of togetherness are invaluable for children, so a trampoline is a must-have in your garden!
Playground and Safety – The Most Important Points
By installing a special playground in the backyard, the risk of injury to the child is already much lower. The kid will not need to invent activities for himself that can be quite dangerous. Nowadays, manufacturers of playground elements guarantee the safety of their products. But for absolute safety, pay attention to a few additional points.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and recommendations when assembling newly purchased products (trampoline, slide, swings, climbing wall, etc.)! When the construction is ready, make sure that the screws do not protrude anywhere and whether all the connecting places are flat and tight to each other.
- If you are unsure of yourself, trust a professional to do the work!
- Place the playground as close to the house as possible, especially if you have very young children. Make sure you have full visibility of the playground from different places in the yard and house. This way, you can watch your child through the window and do your business at the same time. Safe and comfortable!
- The area where the playground will be located should be flat, well-lit, and protected from the wind.
- Do not place playgrounds near ponds, on slopes, next to glass greenhouses.
- It is recommended to place part of the playground in the shade, for example, under a tree. If there is no such place, you can install a canopy or umbrella. This applies especially to sandpits, where children tend to spend a lot of time. This protects your child from direct sunlight and the risk of overheating and getting burned.
- Regularly inspect the elements of the playground during use. Ropes, handrails, ladders, and other structural elements can wear out and cause injury. However, if you pay attention to all these things in time and repair them if necessary, the playground in the backyard will please the children and you for a very long time!
Leave a Reply