Having a sliding screen door in your house will mean that you have to ensure proper maintenance of the door. However, there are times when the door may jam or fail to open or close. In this case, you will need to take immediate action, or else you and your family members may be stuck inside or outside the house for quite some time. Such inconveniences may be as a result of the presence of grime in the door tracks.
Removing a sliding screen door is not a simple task. First of all, you must be familiar with the several steps involved before you can set to remove your door. Know the tools required and even the precautions to take. For successful sliding screen door removal, you can visit Naples website or simply go through the steps described below:
- First of all, you need to ensure that any decorations or curtains blocking the door are removed to give you an easy time moving the sliding screen door.
- Locate the screws at the bottom of the door’s corners. These are the screws that hold the wheels responsible for the sliding of the door to and fro when in use.
- With the help of a Philips screwdriver, unscrew the screws one by one until the wheel is loose. Once the screw head is off the sockets, you can try lifting the door. Ensure that the door is loose enough and don’t forcefully pull it up from the door tracks. If not, then you can continue screwing as you try lifting the door.
- When lifting the door, do it gently with a lot of care, and ensure you can see any or both of the wheels. Any rush handling can lead to damage to the door or any other part of the door.
- Locate the head stop screw at the top corner of the door and use a Philips screwdriver to unscrew it. In the cases where the screw is too tight to be removed using the Philips screwdriver, use a power screwdriver. During this process, you must have someone close to the door to support it as soon as the screw is removed. If this precaution is not taken into consideration, then there will be high chances of the door falling off the frame.
- Place a flat screwdriver underneath the door and move it slowly under the wheels with no much effort. The screwdriver lifts the door up from the door tracks so that it can be easily removed.
- Pull the door up and ensure the wheels come out. Keep lifting the door as you start removing it from the frame.
- Once the door is out of the tracks, pull it towards you gently. This time around, you can easily lift it since the wheels will be free from the tracks.
- Lift the door with some assistance and rest it on the wall where it cannot get damaged easily.
When you follow these steps carefully, you will be able to remove your sliding screen door and finish whatever you wanted to do. After that, you can return the door back in position. Also check sliding glass door replacement by Glassperts for further reference.