Home is that word which creates a warm tingly feeling, reminding us how dear it is to us. Deciding the right kind of decor, you could go for when it comes to your home, can be a difficult and tiring task. However, the most exquisite way to go is to try out porcelain tiling. Enhance your home decor and get the modernized appearance with porcelain tiling. Read this blog to get more information on porcelain tiling.
Reasons to Go for Porcelain Tiling:
- The WOW Factor: Tiling your home is an easy way to achieve an exquisitely luxury look. They can make your home look wonderful and long-lasting.
- Stunning Patterns: Patterns akin to the elements of nature, the wilderness, and other beautiful patterns can be replicated in the tiles. Nowadays the tiles are also finished so immaculately that they produce the natural look of a stone. The patterns of porcelain tiling will also suit any place in your home.
- Versatile Look: The large structure of these tiles helps in creating a smooth appearance making them a perfect choice for large areas.
How to Use Porcelain Patterns for Home Decor
There are large varieties of patterns that are available in the market which can be used to decorate home spaces.
- Encaustic Tiles: These are patterned tiles where the pattern isn’t in the glaze, but rather in the colors of clay. This lets the design remain the same even when the tiles wear down. Hence, a great way to decorate bathroom floors, hallways and even outdoors is by using porcelain tiling.
- Metro Tiles: Metro tiles are rectangular tiles following the subway pattern and is a great way to decorate bathroom and kitchen walls.
- Herringbone Pattern: These patterns are popular for wooden floors although nowadays they are being used in tiles as well. They are just rectangular tiles, only in a crisscross formation. This type of porcelain tiling patterns looks wonderful on the floor as well as splashbacks.
- Tile Rugs: Creating a rug using tiles is a great way to create space in your home and to add color to a room. They can be used in the dining area for a special effect that would easily impress your guests.
- Three-Dimensional Patterns: This type of porcelain tiling patterns gives the walls a lovely look. They are used for decorating kitchens and hallways.
- Hexagon Tiles: These styles can be used to create a honeycomb effect and can really transform a bathroom giving it an elegant look.
- Fireplaces and Feature Walls: These bright and bold Tiles can be used around the fireplaces to create a mesmerizing effect.
Advantages Over Other Forms
Porcelain tiling comes with a large number of advantages which makes it compete with other conventional forms of home décor.
- Durability: Porcelain is a durable and hard wearing material that is resistant to harsh cleaning agents, scratches, resistant to heavy loads, fire and fading.
- Maintenance: They don’t need any waxing, polishing, sealing and thus are easy to maintain. You can simply clean them up with a mop.
- Classy Look: They offer a large range of textures and color variations. You can easily use them to create a wood, grain or marble finish.
- Versatile: They are highly versatile letting you use them in your kitchen or your bathroom, false ceilings, countertops as well as outdoors.
- Economic and Cost-Effective: Despite the initial high-end costing because of their supreme durability, they actually turn out to be quite profitable as u do not have to replace them as frequently as other cheaper tiles.
There are many reasons to choose porcelain tiles over other tiles and the fact that they can be used as both inside and outside home décor is certainly one of them. So, next time you think of renovating your house or giving it a new look, think about how wonderful these porcelain tiles will look in your home.