The modern rhythm of life increasingly dictates the working conditions, even at the educational stage. Accordingly, one of the areas of technological innovation in education is to simplify work with various types of documents. Here the text editors are of great importance. The Pro-Papers team has studied the advantages of working with this type of application.
Text editors are applications for creating, processing, storing and printing documents of varying complexity. The functionality of these programs ranges from simple text editors designed to create simple-structured texts to complex publishing systems that allow you to create documents for a typographic publication. Typically, text editors include the following options: typing; correcting typed text in the usual way, cutting out text fragments, insert fragments in the right place text; finding the right words or sentences in the text; word replacement, text formatting, highlighting part of the text in bold, italic or underlined font; printing all the text or its separate pieces, insertion of formulas, tables, figures in the text; creating multiple text columns; automatic search and correction of grammatical errors; selection of ready-made styles and templates.
As you can see, working with text editors has a lot of advantages for student. However, online editors are gaining more and more popularity among young people. It significantly benefits from the usual offline version.
An online editor is a program by which a student can work with text from any device. The only requirement is the availability of a connected Internet. The online editor is free and open for free access every day at any time of the day, just visit the website. In this case, the entire software part is located on the server. This means that the disk space of your computer remains free, and you can store more information on it. This provides significant advantages even to free text editors.
There are different types of editors on the network. The simplest services allow you to type text or edit an existing one, save changes and send the document for printing. More complex websites support text markup. Users can work with multiple fonts and visually format characters.
The attraction of the online editor is its availability. As a rule, such sites are free, so students do not have to spend money on the purchase of programs for working with texts.
Some more advantages of online editors:
Cross-platform. Work with your favorite site on any device. All document processing takes place on the server side, so users can easily work even with large files without thinking about the speed of a computer or smartphone;
Data integrity. Most online editors allow you to recover text, even if the tab was suddenly closed. All data is stored in your account;
Clear interface. All sites have a good design. Before choosing editor that can cope with your task, test several sites and only then choose anyone.
Thus, the ability to work on a document in any place, at any time and on any device with only the Internet makes the use of online editors as much as possible adapted to the modern needs of the student. Ease of use, therefore, implies a considerable time saving. Unlike the use of offline text editors, when using online editors, a student does not have to be at his/her working place at home. Now he/she can edit, delete, type text and print a document anywhere: on the way to college, in a cafe with friends, directly in class, great freeing up his/her time for more important and effective tasks.
In conclusion, let’s consider the list of some of the best online applications for working with text:
1. The “Buzzword” is a text editor from Adobe, which is completely built on Flash technology, thanks to which, the site is displayed without problems in both desktop and simple mobile browsers. Advantages: Convenient work with the site from the phone; Support for files from OpenOffice/ Disadvantages: Fewer functions in comparison with other sites; No program code writing mode.
2. The “Box Notes” is a strong Microsoft competitor in online text writing. The main advantage of the resource – it is great for development teams or employees of the organization. In addition to the main service, the text file editing function is also available in the Box cloud storage. It is very convenient if you just need to correct a few details and immediately send them to other devices.
3. MS Office is a package of desktop programs, as well as a convenient online service for editing text files. This program is used by most PC and smartphone users around the world. Its genius lies in universality. A few years ago, Microsoft introduced an online version of a familiar word processor and other office software. User authorization goes through Microsoft Accounts, and documents are synchronized with the OneDrive account created earlier.
4. DropBox Paper is a new online editor. To create markup, simply select the previously typed words and adjust the necessary formatting in the context menu that appears. Advantages: Simplified structure; The mode of writing software code. Disadvantages: No ability to create PDF; Lack of synchronization with Google Apps; No support for OpenOffice.
5. The “Google Docs” is a familiar system for creating and editing text files, presentations and spreadsheets. Now it’s not necessary to print the text, but just speak it into the microphone. Thanks to the most accurate word recognition system from Google, the final result will contain less than 5% errors.
Now the file can be edited using voice guidance. Just say the name of the function so that the program selects the necessary part of the text or cuts it out. Today, more than 300 options are configured. Developers listened to the wishes of users and added support for documents from OpenOffice. Benefits: Fast file sending via Gmail; Files of other formats are automatically converted to an extension for Google Docs; Simplified interface. Disadvantages: Documents are not stored on a separate server, but on the cloud specified by the user.