Making your customers feel at home is a top priority for any business. And what better way to do that than by ensuring their home is clean and healthy? Duct cleaning is one of the best ways to improve the air quality in your customer’s home.
Unfortunately, ducts can become dirty over time, leading to various health problems. Having them cleaned regularly can help keep your customers healthy and happy.
What is Duct Cleaning Services In A Nutshell?
Duct cleaning services are one of the most efficient ways to maintain the excellent air quality in your home. If you have problems with allergies, asthma, or other respiratory conditions, you may want to consider having your ducts cleaned.
You may be wondering what duct cleaning services entail. A team of professionals will come to your home and clean all ducts and other HVAC components. Some of these components include:
- Supply and return air ducts
- Fan motor and housing
- Heating and cooling coils
- Drip pans
They will remove any dust, dirt, or other debris blocking the ducts. The technicians will also clean any vents that may have become clogged with dust or debris.
Why Should You Get Duct Cleaning Services?
Most homeowners neglect to hire someone to clean their ductwork. Unfortunately, your ducts require more than standard day-to-day cleaning to prevent allergen buildup. There are several reasons why you should consider getting duct cleaning services. Here are some of them:
- Ducts can become clogged with dust, pet hair, and other debris. This can lead to decreased airflow and increased energy bills.
- Duct cleaning can help improve the air quality in your home, which is especially important if you or any of your family members suffer from allergies.
- Dirty ducts can cause health issues such as lung disease, heart disease, and cancer.
- Duct cleaning can help prevent fires from starting in your home, which is especially important if you live near any type of fuel source.
If you don’t clean the ductwork when it’s time to do so, it can cause a devastating fire. Not only is it a fire hazard, but it can also wear down your HVAC equipment faster.
How Often Should You Clean Your Ductwork?
Many people have realized that indoor air quality is essential to maintaining good health. Unfortunately, while many homeowners are aware of the potential health risks of dirty ductwork, they still often neglect them.
If you want to ensure excellent air quality in your home, you should have your ducts cleaned yearly. However, if you live in a particularly dusty area, have pets, or have family members with asthma or allergies, you may want to consider getting them cleaned more frequently.
In all honesty, the science is unclear about how often you should have your ducts cleaned, but if you notice signs of heavy dust deposits in your air ducts, then you should schedule a thorough cleaning.
Signs That Your Ductwork Needs To Be Cleaned
Even though homeowners replace filters, dust grilles, and registers, it isn’t always enough to clean your HVAC unit. Sometimes, there are pollutants, dust, dirt, debris, mold, and other unsanitary things clogging up your system. So, how do you know if it’s time to have them cleaned?
You may need to get your ducts cleaned if you notice any of the following signs:
- Visible mold growth in your ducts or on other components.
- An increase in allergy, asthma, and other respiratory problems.
- Excessive dust or dirt in your vents, registers, and air ducts.
- Your HVAC system has become less efficient.
- When you turn on the system, you see dust blowing out your vents.
- There is a musty odor coming from your vents.
- The flame in your furnace is yellow instead of blue.
- Water is leaking from your air conditioner.
- If your home was just built or has undergone a significant renovation.
If you have any of these signs, you should get your ductwork inspected as soon as possible.
How To Maintain Your Ducts?
While getting your ducts cleaned by a professional is one of the best ways to ensure your HVAC remains reliable, it’s doesn’t solve everything. So you should also take some steps to maintain them on your own.
Here are some tips for maintaining your ducts:
- Replace air filters regularly. The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) recommends changing your air filters every month or at least every three months.
- Clean the dust grilles and registers regularly. It’s essential to clean these at least once every three months. This can help prevent dirty air from getting into your ducts.
- Seal any leaks or cracks in the ductwork.
- To reduce dust and debris, use doormats at all entries to your home.
- If you have a pet, keep them groomed and ensure they don’t shed excessively.
These are just a few tips to help you maintain your ducts. While it’s essential to keep your HVAC system clean at any point in the year, it may be something you want to keep track of before the winter months creep in. Ideally, you’ll want to have it cleaned before winter hits.
You’ll be spending more time in your home during the colder months, and it’s best to have your HVAC system cleaned before then. Otherwise, you may run into issues that could put your unit out of commission. Having clean ductwork can also help improve energy efficiency and your HVAC system’s overall lifespan. Your system is working harder already; the last thing you want is to have a malfunctioning furnace or air conditioner.
To get the most out of your HVAC system, make sure to schedule regular duct cleaning and maintenance.
What Happens If You Don’t Get Your Ducts Cleaned When They Need It?
Duct cleaning is one of those services that you may not think about often, but when it’s needed, it is required. Unfortunately, some ducts need cleaning more often than others. The average home in North America should have its air ducts cleaned annually. This is especially true if there are pets or small children in the house, although it applies to everyone.
If you don’t have your ducts cleaned every year, you will notice a difference. You may not realize that the dust in your living spaces is coming from your vents, but it’s true. This is because when you turn on your heating or cooling system, the dust and dirt built up in your ducts are circulated throughout your home.
In addition to the health benefits, getting your ducts cleaned can also improve your home’s energy efficiency. When dust and dirt build-up in your ductwork, it’s harder for your system to circulate air properly. This means that your system has to work harder, leading to an increase in your energy bill.
Also, duct cleaning is not a DIY job. It’s a job for the professionals. Even though it may seem like an easy task, technicians have special equipment to help them do it effectively and safely. However, it is ok to vacuum out the space below the register. It is encouraged.
Improper Duct Cleaning Can Cause More Problems
While professional duct cleaning services can help improve indoor air quality, it’s important to remember that it can do more harm than good if the job isn’t done correctly. For example, untrained technicians who perform the job poorly can release the dust into your home, defeating the purpose altogether.
Also, different types of ducts can be damaged by untrained personnel, leaving you with an expensive repair bill. Here are some of the potential problems you may experience if duct cleaning isn’t done correctly:
- Poor or improper equipment – using the wrong type of equipment can damage your ducts, which can lead to more significant problems down the road.
- Incorrect cleaning methods – some companies may use improper cleaning methods, which can cause mold growth in your ducts.
- Not sealing the registers – if the registers aren’t appropriately sealed after the ducts are cleaned, all of the removed dust and dirt will just come back.
- Not disinfecting – many companies will simply remove the dust, dirt, and debris from your ducts. However, some companies will also disinfect the inside of your ductwork to help improve your indoor air quality.
- Not testing – some companies will not test the effectiveness of their work, which is something that a reputable company should do.
Make sure to avoid these potential problems by choosing a reliable duct cleaning company. They will use the correct equipment, methods, and disinfectants to get the job done right.
We hope this article has helped provide you with helpful information on what to look for when choosing a duct cleaning service. At DuctClean Effects, LLC, we pride ourselves on our quality inspections and customer-focused approach. As a result, duct cleaning services can go a long way in making you feel right at home. Not only will your home be cleaner and less dusty, but you will also be able to breathe better.
We never charge hidden fees or “upsell” additional services in your home; we believe that our comprehensive duct cleaning services are more than enough to leave your air clean and healthy. So if you’re looking for a reliable, experienced team to clean your ducts, please don’t hesitate to contact us!