With weather conditions varying between warm summers and mild winters interspersed with cold snaps, it is no surprise that this Texan region is blessed in abundance with many HVAC service operators available 24/7 for all HVAC needs. In times of need, you can always rely on the professional services offered in Furnace installations or AC installation Tomball TX.
Air conditioners can be of various types, from window-mounted to wall-mounted, single-room, ductless or the central type. The Central Air Conditioner is what we will be discussing, in particular, a few essentials of central AC installation.
Central air conditioners are meant to furnish cool air in large houses with multiple rooms through a system of supply and return ducts. Supply ducts bring in cool air from the air conditioner which gets circulated in the house through registers or openings in the walls covered by protective grills. As the cool air circulates through the house it gets warmed and then flows back to the AC through the return ducts via the registers.
Types of Central Air Conditioners
There exist two types of Central AC’s, the Split system and the packaged unit. In houses where a furnace already exists but there is a lack of a cooling unit, a Split-type AC is a more economical option. The Packaged unit serves as both, a Heating and Cooling unit in one.
The Split system consists of an indoor unit comprising the evaporator and outdoor unit comprising the condenser and compressor. The packaged unit with all components in one is either placed on the roof of the house or somewhere besides the house, in the backyard, on a concrete slab. The system is connected to the house with the duct-work running along the roof and the walls.
Basic Guidelines to follow when installing a Central AC
The first order of business is to invest in the best service provider of Air Conditioning Installation in Texas like WrightWay Comfort. The efficiency of your cooling unit is also largely determined by how well the installation is carried out. Improper installation causes even the most energy-efficient unit to perform as poorly as an older and inefficient model.
Every HVAC technician is to follow basic guidelines when installing a Central AC, some of which are outlined as follows:
- Before proceeding with the installation, the technicians carry out a comprehensive assessment of your home conditions and surroundings about the placement of the indoor and outdoor units or simply the outdoor unit. Adequate spacing is to be allotted, and they are required to install an appropriate way to reach the evaporator coil for regular cleaning and maintenance.
- When installing a packaged unit, ductwork is an important aspect of the entire operation. The technician must follow certain guidelines when selecting the type and size of ducts according to the size and capability of the packaged unit.
- The amount of ducts allotted for supply and recovery has to be sufficient to comfortably cool the living space. Additionally, care must be taken to install them in spaces that encourage a healthier life span of the ductwork and not in dark and dank places where there is an increased probability for the ducts to degrade well ahead of their lifespan.
- After installing the ducts, any entry point or joint is to be sealed off with duct mastic and insulation of the required ducts is to be carried out with care, depending on their location of installation.
- Hopefully, the technician finds a remote spot to install the outdoor unit where the operation noise of the unit will not disturb the night or the neighbor.
- The outdoor unit is to be placed in a spot where the surroundings are conducive to its efficient functioning. There should be no foliage near the condenser unit. The surroundings must be adequately clean to ensure less build-up of dust and debris in the outdoor unit.
- After the installation of the indoor and outdoor units and the ducts, the technician should check for functioning. All coolant levels, their discharge rates, and airflow rates have to confer with those as specified by the manufacturer.
- The thermostat should be installed in a cool and dry location, away from heat sources and registers or windows and other appliances.
Since the air conditioners are an investment worth every penny, take a perceptive step forward and ensure to purchase an energy-efficient model that will consume less energy from your home energy consumption and furnish benefits like lower utility bills, better performance, customized functionality, and low carbon footprint.
With no shortage of AC service providers in Texas, you can always find reliable and specialized help by searching for some of the best AC Installation near me options and considering which operator to employ for your HVAC needs.