Another year is almost gone and we are now on the verge of welcoming in a brand new year. Like every year, some of us will throw a party and some of us will look for the most exciting one to go to.
Throwing a great party is not easy. It not only demands a huge amount of work and arrangements but also great ideas that will make it exciting.
If you’re planning on throwing an NYE shindig in your garden, here are a few tips and tricks to help you out.
Work on Your Patio – Make it Party-Friendly
Clean Your Patio Well
Remove all the furniture, containers, plants and accessories from your patio and give it a good sweep. Then, wash it properly.
If yours is a concrete patio, wash it with your garden hose pipe with a nozzle that provides a strong and steady stream. If you hadn’t cleaned it for a while, mix some dishwashing liquid with the water to brighten the surface. But, if it looks discolored, you may need to consider getting some professional help.
If your patio is made of natural stone, after hosing it off, remove the stains by scrubbing it with dishwashing liquid. Get rid of mold, moss, and mildew by making a solution of bleach and water and scrubbing well. Wash it off when you’re done and repeat it if necessary.
For a patio made of manufactured paving stones, you don’t need to work so hard to wash it. Just hose it off using your hose pipe with an attached nozzle, and you’re done.
Besides the surface, wash the cushions and your furniture frames using mild soap and water. Dry your cushions properly before placing them back. Also, make sure your patio floor is completely dry before the party.
Take Care of Your Sitting Arrangements
Make sure there are enough places for your guests to sit. A sectional on your patio would do a great job. Bring out your indoor table, chairs, beanbags, drum tools, and poufs.
Set Up a Grill
A barbeque is a must for any outdoor party, especially in winter. So, setting up a grill on your patio will save you the hassle of moving your grill from here to there. You can also build a marble countertop just like your indoor kitchen and place your grill on top of it for a complete look.
Don’t Forget Your Drinks Station
Arrange a corner to serve your drinks. It’s a must, especially if you’re thinking of starting with the grill. Be fancy with its decoration to give your party a fun fiesta look.
Let There Be Light
Be ready to light up your New Year’s Eve party with beautifully decorated lights. Your garden looks its best at night with your beautiful Christmas decorations. Make sure to avoid an upset due to a power failure. Contact experts in synchronised generators to avoid any problems.
Have the Same Feel Even in Bad Weather
If you live in a bad weather area, you can still enjoy the same fun of having a New Year’s party outdoors. Simply turn your indoor space into an outdoor patio by setting up glass walls, floor-to-ceiling glass windows, high ceilings, and a stone fireplace. Don’t forget to bring in your beautiful outdoor decorations.
Time to Plan a Sizzling Hot New Year’s Party in Your Garden
Now that your patio is party-ready, here are some sizzling hot ideas to heat your party up:
1. Decide on a theme for your party. Choose the theme that fascinates you, so you know how to pull it off the best. Just make sure it goes well with cold weather.
2. Decide who you want to invite. This will help you to decide the music list and other fun arrangements.
3. Invite people at least a week prior to your party. It’s important to make sure your guests have not already booked their party elsewhere. Mention that you’ll be hosting your party outdoors in the invitation, so your guests can be well prepared for it.
4. Let your patio glitter. Use scented tea lights and flameless candles to add more glamour to your ready-to-party patio.
6. Turn your outdoor party into a fiery one! Arrange a campfire and hire fire spinners to spice up your party. Having live music will make it even better. Ensure you have a good sound system.
7. Have a countdown clock and a lot of firecrackers to burn. However, be careful with fireworks, especially if there are kids around.
8. Be creative with cocktail recipes. You can create some of your own. But, don’t go for something too experimental.
9. Serve hot appetizers – barbecue seems the best option here! Also, have prepared for hot drinks, like tea, coffee, soup, hot chocolate, etc.
10. Have enough fleece blankets to distribute to your guests if it gets too cold.
11. If your backyard is spacious, you can also arrange fancy tents to take shelter from the cold.
12. Have your plan B ready in case of extreme weather. Make sure you can move your party indoors if necessary.
Note: Keep your first aid box and fire extinguisher handy to tackle an emergency situation fast.
Parties are exciting, but meticulous planning ahead is vital to ensure that your party goes well and one for the books. It’s best to plan weeks early (or even months before) to ensure that you don’t miss any detail.
Have a timeline and checklist of all the tasks and everything you need to secure for the party. Finalize the guest list, venue, theme, schedule, and budget at least a month ahead of your desired date.
Send out invitations, plan out the menu, and get a caterer at least two weeks before the party. Secure the venue and decorations when you have a week or more left. So when the day before the party comes, you’ll just have to polish everything and make sure that everyone comes!
An amazing New Year’s party gives people a feeling of fulfillment for the year ahead. So, arrange a party to remember for years to come with the help of these super hot tips. Have a blast! Have a Happy New Year!